Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

1 hour ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

I can't get excited over this hire, but I'm glad we finally have the job filled and we can focus on rebuilding this roster.

I feel the same but if Clifford do a good job this year, I will feel better with the hire

22 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Good one

Seriously...Competent FA/rookie at center, competent FA/rookie PG, regular NBA health, AG improvement, more modern style system. Why would we not win at least high 37+ games? Obviously this is based on everything playing out in a positive manner but again why not?

PG-FA/Augustin/Mack/Rookie
SG-Fournier/Ross/Mario
SF-Gordon/Simmons/Ross/Fournier
PF-Issac/Gordon
C-FA/Birch/Biz/Rookie

Fournier/Gordon/Issac is a core I'm confident in. 

If you guys want some insight into who our coach is, listen to the Woj podcast from April 24th and the Lowe Post podcast from March 20th. Both are interviews with CC (coach Clifford). He talks about his path, his offensive and defensive principles, how he allocates playing time to young players, his time with the Magic and other teams (NY, Hou, LAL, Char), different players he's couched and developed, and a few more things. 

Very good listens. 

13 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Seriously...Competent FA/rookie at center, competent FA/rookie PG, regular NBA health, AG improvement, more modern style system. Why would we not win at least high 37+ games? Obviously this is based on everything playing out in a positive manner but again why not?

SG-Fournier/Ross/Mario
PF-Issac/Gordon
C-FA/Birch/Biz/Rookie

The problem you run into is the injury bug. If we're hit with that again, you're really in trouble. I think it would be smarter to do a total reset. 

Trade Vuc, Fournier, Ross, Mack... and if at all possible Biz, for as many pieces and draft picks as possible. Then you go after maybe one key FA (I'm on the Rodney Hood train) and draft our PG (most want Young, I'll take Sexton/SGA). Slide Isaac into the versatile 5 spot, Gordon plays the 4, Hood at the 3, Simmons at the 2, Rookie at the PG. That's enough to be at least respectable this season.

Also Mario is a free agent, so we'd have to resign him, but I'm not sure he entirely enjoyed his time in Orlando, I don't expect him to resign. And you forgot Iwundu. 

PG-Rookie/DJ/Mack

SG-Fournier/Simmons/Iwundu/Rookie

SF-Ross/Rookie

PF-Gordon/Isaac

C-Vuc/Biz/Birch

That's who we have on the roster next year (I'm assuming we resign AG). That's why I say we trade Fournier/Ross/Vuc/Mack...if we could somehow package two of these guys for a draft pick and a reasonable player, and maybe a 2019 draft pick and an expiring vet...I'd be really happy. Then you throw the MLE at a free agent or two if you find the money and the right length of contract.

I'm okay with another year at the bottom of the East (ideally, I want to fight for a playoff spot but thats not realistic right now) as long as in the 2018-2019 season we are establishing a culture in Orlando and are no longer seen as a joke in the league. That's my #1 goal for this season. 

12 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

The problem you run into is the injury bug. If we're hit with that again, you're really in trouble. I think it would be smarter to do a total reset. 

Trade Vuc, Fournier, Ross, Mack... and if at all possible Biz, for as many pieces and draft picks as possible. Then you go after maybe one key FA (I'm on the Rodney Hood train) and draft our PG (most want Young, I'll take Sexton/SGA). Slide Isaac into the versatile 5 spot, Gordon plays the 4, Hood at the 3, Simmons at the 2, Rookie at the PG. That's enough to be at least respectable this season.

Also Mario is a free agent, so we'd have to resign him, but I'm not sure he entirely enjoyed his time in Orlando, I don't expect him to resign. And you forgot Iwundu. 

PG-Rookie/DJ/Mack

SG-Fournier/Simmons/Iwundu/Rookie

SF-Ross/Rookie

PF-Gordon/Isaac

C-Vuc/Biz/Birch

That's who we have on the roster next year (I'm assuming we resign AG). That's why I say we trade Fournier/Ross/Vuc/Mack...if we could somehow package two of these guys for a draft pick and a reasonable player, and maybe a 2019 draft pick and an expiring vet...I'd be really happy. Then you throw the MLE at a free agent or two if you find the money and the right length of contract.

I'm okay with another year at the bottom of the East (ideally, I want to fight for a playoff spot but thats not realistic right now) as long as in the 2018-2019 season we are establishing a culture in Orlando and are no longer seen as a joke in the league. That's my #1 goal for this season. 

Why trade Ross and then go after hood, a much worse Ross?

We don't need to load up with draft picks. Take Gordon, Isaac, 6, and a couple development guys with our seconds this year and then fill the gaps with vets that fit our style. 

17 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

SG-Fournier/Ross/Mario
PF-Issac/Gordon
C-FA/Birch/Biz/Rookie

Where are we getting the cap space to sign these FAs? Also that team is still bad