Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'm fine with this but my question is why did it take 6 1/2 weeks to hire Clifford of all people. Doesn't seem like he was our first choice. 

We did reportedly interview him like last week, right? Maybe he wanted a couple weeks with his family before going after jobs?

So Clifford teams were routinely average to above average on both sides of the ball. 13th/16th last year 14/14 in 17, 9/8 in 16. 

You'd think that would lead to more wins. So is that fantastic coaching, always keeping his teams in games that the players just can't win? Or is that flawed late game coaching?

Just now, ?4thewin said:

So Clifford teams were routinely average to above average on both sides of the ball. 13th/16th last year 14/14 in 17, 9/8 in 16. 

You'd think that would lead to more wins. So is that fantastic coaching, always keeping his teams in games that the players just can't win? Or is that flawed late game coaching?

This hire has average written all over it some I’m not surprised to learn his teams were indeed routinely average. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

This hire has average written all over it some I’m not surprised to learn his teams were indeed routinely average. 

Yea I've been waiting for something exciting and we just get blah....sigh life of a Magic fan. 

"Clifford’s the first to lose 46 games in consecutive years despite finishing with a positive point differential both times. Some of that is bad luck, and some of it speaks to his inability to keep adapting and evolving after the successful 2016 campaign.”