Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

8 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Did they say we are going to have a new coach by the lottery, or by the draft???

Lottery but that does not look like it is going to happen

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

Why would we need a coach by the time the lottery comes around? I'd understand wanting to have one before the draft.

to have enough time to get acclimated to his coworkers and provide opinions on prospects and team building preferences

1 minute ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I wonder if Casey wants to be a part of a rebuilding team again?

I dont think he is in a position to choose. He is in the same boat as Stan. Most of the teams without a coach,  Other than Toronto and maybe the Bucks, are in the rebuilding process.  To be honest, the best position for either of these two coaches is to get a position with a team that is at the bottom. The expectetion are less and job security is higher. Reason why the Magic coaching position is very valuable for all of the coaches out there. I dont think any coach will say NO to the Magic offer

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont think he is in a position to choose. He is in the same boat as Stan. Most of the teams without a coach,  Other than Toronto and maybe the Bucks, are in the rebuilding process.  To be honest, the best position for either of these two coaches is to get a position with a team that is at the bottom. The expectetion are less and job security is higher. Reason why the Magic coaching position is very valuable for all of the coaches out there. I dont think any coach will say NO to the Magic offer

That is true, you make a good point

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

to have enough time to get acclimated to his coworkers and provide opinions on prospects and team building preferences

and the draft process start after the lottery. You will have a better idea were you are standing and can start scheduling the work-outs and interviews several weeks ahead. Having a coach on board will help this process. You want to give the New coach ample time to build his coaching staff to help with the free agency and draft process  ... But most importantly, You dont want management occupied with the process of finding a coach when they should be studying the Free agency market, Draft interviews, work outs and possible trades etc before draft day. 

The real question is, who wants the Magic job? A job that will see them in the lottery for at least another 3 years. 3 years that is 1 superstar through draft and a 2nd through FA. Devos needs to sell the team.

11 minutes ago, My 5th Rebuild said:

The real question is, who wants the Magic job? A job that will see them in the lottery for at least another 3 years. 3 years that is 1 superstar through draft and a 2nd through FA. Devos needs to sell the team.

Devos will never sell the team, we just have to wait until Mr.Devos pass away to move to a new owner

11 minutes ago, My 5th Rebuild said:

Yeah I agree. I think new ownership and no more Martin would be a very good thing for Orlando, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe Devos could get enough courage to just fire Martin and get a new guy, then step away from the Org and let them run it. 

I like Casey, but I'm really hoping the Magic stay away from this one. I just don't think that he has it in him to rebuild. Stan is another story, but with his history here, I'm not sure he'd be willing to come back. I really would like to see the Magic go with some young voices on this one. Vanterpool is my #1. My dream team would be Vanterpool as head coach and Stackhouse as an assistant head coach, but I think Stack might end up in Detroit.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, My 5th Rebuild said:

I dont see us going through the lottery for the next 3 years. In fact, I see us making the playoffs next year. We have Enough pieces to trade and in a position to draft 1 starter and 2 good rotational players in this year draft.  

If we trade Vuch/Biz or Fournier for another pick and more cap space then we can sign players like JJ, among others to help with our shooting.

Indiana did it in one year. They were in a worse position than us when they traded for Oladipo. The maked it work. 

All it takes is a good draft and free agency and we are back in business. 

No way we will be in the lottery for 3 more years. No way. Devos are not selling the team. It is not their fault. They are not afraid to spend money. 

20 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Yeah I agree. I think new ownership and no more Martin would be a very good thing for Orlando, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe Devos could get enough courage to just fire Martin and get a new guy, then step away from the Org and let them run it. 

I like Casey, but I'm really hoping the Magic stay away from this one. I just don't think that he has it in him to rebuild. Stan is another story, but with his history here, I'm not sure he'd be willing to come back. I really would like to see the Magic go with some young voices on this one. Vanterpool is my #1. My dream team would be Vanterpool as head coach and Stackhouse as an assistant head coach, but I think Stack might end up in Detroit.  

I partially disagree with the first paragraph. Martin has been horrible when making decision over team personnel but has been great with marketing and community services. He already stated that he will not longer be involved in making team desicion when he hired The new management team. He doesnt want ti get invilved in that anymore. 

I completely. 100% agree with the second paragraph! I share those same feelings. 

42 minutes ago, My 5th Rebuild said:

Woj and Bobby Marks agreed that the Orlando job was the best available job back around the end of the regular season due to being a good free agent location and having an ownership group willing to pay for winning.