Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

48 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Mark Jackson is a terrible coach who everyone in the golden state organization hated.

He wouldn't accept the hiring of strong assistant coaches due to fear of losing his voice in the locker room.  

He ran an offense that had the least ball movement in the league.  

He created turmoil in the locker room by saying management was out to get the players.  

He played favorites with players and threw players like ezeli and bogut under the bus because they weren't Christian enough.  

He's a terrible coach and I don't know why anyone ever brings him up for jobs.  He's the one coach I wouldn't want.  

Hit it right on the head 

David Fizdale could be a good appointment. He's a good coach and well respected. 

Could we pry Jay Wright from Villanova? Or Sean Miller from Arizona? Probably not, but couldn't hurt to try and bring in one of the best college coaches. It's worked for the Celtics.

Nick Nurse from Toronto might be worth a look with the work he's done with them offensively. 

51 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I don't think the best coaching candidates will be beating down our door when there are better situations available.

I guess it depends on how highly they rate Gordon, Isaac and our potential first round pick this year. That trio including Trae Young, Bamba, Doncic (etc) might be pretty sellable to the right coach. 

Do they see a roster on the brink of breaking out if they can stay healthy? If so, that might appeal to coaches because they don't have to endure a lengthy rebuild. It could be a similar time span to the Celtics, losing record, .500, then winning record and play offs.

Or do they think we need to tear it down and start over? If so, that might not appeal as much if they think we are heading into a lengthy rebuild if they don't rate our core young talent.

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Would he be a good coach for us? Wasn't he a shooting coach for us at one time?

Wasn't he the primary assistant that worked with Dwight Howard early in his career?