Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Mavericks @ Magic Wednesday, April 4 @ 7:00 P.M.

On 4/4/2018 at 9:46 PM, ?4thewin said:

We're actually tanking though.  And we play teams with actual nba players going forward. 

NOW we are.

Same ****, different year.

On 4/5/2018 at 9:18 AM, ?4thewin said:

Ultimately I don't really think mario fit what we were going to do going forward as it seems like he does play better as a four.   Ideally you want a rotation similar to what we're doing now with mario and Gordon going forward with Gordon and isaac where you have them start together, isaac subs out at 6 minutes and subs back in as Gordon's backup close to the end of the first quarter.  So Gordon and isaac will split the minutes at 4 and isaac will get the rest of his starters minutes at 3. This is what Lillard and McCollum do in Portland at 1 and 2. 

While i don't think mario is an ideal piece going forward.  What he does provide is an interesting asset in trades.  That's where not picking up his option gets dumb.  

I would have to believe that management tried very hard to trade Mario last summer, at the draft, and at the trade deadline with no takers. He really didn't show much until after we declined his extension. Before he "woke up" there was a lot of talk around the NBA that he wouldn't even be in the league next season. Yes I would love to keep the "new" Mario.

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would have to believe that management tried very hard to trade Mario last summer, at the draft, and at the trade deadline with no takers. He really didn't show much until after we declined his extension. Before he "woke up" there was a lot of talk around the NBA that he wouldn't even be in the league next season. Yes I would love to keep the "new" Mario.

If this was an evaluation year like the mngt. said, then why didn’t we give him the extension and evaluate Mario. It was extremely near sighted and does not give me much hope in their future decisions. 

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Another team not trading for him still doesn't justify not picking up his contract as we didn't need the 5 million off our books and we don't have an Avenue to fill his roster spot with a similarly priced player anyway.  

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Another team not trading for him still doesn't justify not picking up his contract as we didn't need the 5 million off our books and we don't have an Avenue to fill his roster spot with a similarly priced player anyway.  

Yeah I was responding to the trade asset part. Before the "New Mario" emerged I don't think ANYBODY wanted him!