Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Mavericks @ Magic Wednesday, April 4 @ 7:00 P.M.

4 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

WE WILL

DUMB TEAM

We're actually tanking though.  And we play teams with actual nba players going forward. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're actually tanking though.  And we play teams with actual nba players going forward. 

It'll be interesting to see what some of these kids do against real NBA lineuups. Birch has been solid, but I'd like to see more of Artis.

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! WE OBVIOUSLY SHOULD HAVE ONLY PUT 4 PLAYERS ON THE COURT FOR THE SECOND HALF TO SECURE THE L!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If they want to lose, put Vuch back in.

I hope they don’t, though.  I’d really like to see how Birch looks with the starters. 

7 hours ago, JJZFL said:

If they want to lose, put Vuch back in.

I hope they don’t, though.  I’d really like to see how Birch looks with the starters. 

We're better without vucevic on average but I think vucevic gives us a better shot to win a single game.  He could go off for 5 threes.  

Mario is  going the get paid this summer. I dont see us retaining him the way he is currently playing. Bad Bad move by our GM! Just Bad. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Mario is  going the get paid this summer. I dont see us retaining him the way he is currently playing. Bad Bad move by our GM! Just Bad. 

Ultimately I don't really think mario fit what we were going to do going forward as it seems like he does play better as a four.   Ideally you want a rotation similar to what we're doing now with mario and Gordon going forward with Gordon and isaac where you have them start together, isaac subs out at 6 minutes and subs back in as Gordon's backup close to the end of the first quarter.  So Gordon and isaac will split the minutes at 4 and isaac will get the rest of his starters minutes at 3. This is what Lillard and McCollum do in Portland at 1 and 2. 

While i don't think mario is an ideal piece going forward.  What he does provide is an interesting asset in trades.  That's where not picking up his option gets dumb.  

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ultimately I don't really think mario fit what we were going to do going forward as it seems like he does play better as a four.   Ideally you want a rotation similar to what we're doing now with mario and Gordon going forward with Gordon and isaac where you have them start together, isaac subs out at 6 minutes and subs back in as Gordon's backup close to the end of the first quarter.  So Gordon and isaac will split the minutes at 4 and isaac will get the rest of his starters minutes at 3. This is what Lillard and McCollum do in Portland at 1 and 2. 

While i don't think mario is an ideal piece going forward.  What he does provide is an interesting asset in trades.  That's where not picking up his option gets dumb.  

I would like it if we keep Mario. I think, if our young guys continue to improve, that he could be an intriguing piece, though he does seem to take up a similar space as Isaac.

The issue is that I think it would probably take a more creative mind than Vogel to be able to fit them all together, though I think if we played Isaac some spot minutes at center, a la Durant, that would free up more minutes at PF-SF for Mario. Also, I still don't think Isaac will be ready for too heavy of minutes next year. I see him maxing out at around 28 minutes.

Playing Isaac at center some though would likely mean getting rid of Biyombo and/or Vuch and not drafting a center (unless both are gone).

The way I could see it possibly working out:

SF: Isaac 16 Mario 22

PF: Gordon 34 Isaac 8 Mario 6

C: Isaac 4

This would leave about 10 minutes at SF for Fournier and/or Simmons (or new player).

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Mario is a great rotational player. I agree with you. He plays that sf/pf position the best. I know we have Isaac and Gordon but so far he has been the healthiest of the bunch. He will be needed. 

To make matter worse, I do not see us draftting a PF/Center as we will end outside the top 5. Mario can help us solidify that PF position. 

I see us drafting Young and I am ok with that. Letting Mario go for nothing just hurt.