TheNameIsOrlando

Favorite Magic Players of All Time

Armstrong by far. Shaq before he left. Penny and Dennis Scott. Nick Anderson was #1 before he choked on those free throws. Payton of course. Howard when he was humble. T-Mac before he folded to Detroit over and over and then quit completely on us. 

penny was my childhood favorite and will always be one of my favorite magic players of all time. the 95 team made me fall in love with basketball as a 7 year old and they're the first real team i remember despite having attended games the year before. fun fact, penny once gave me the *'sup knod* one game when he was injured and I was sitting behind the bench staring at him wishing he was playing (less creepy than it sounds, i was like 9 or so haha)

T-mac was penny-reincarnate to my younger self and i loved watching play. he signed a basketball card for me at a walmart autograph sesh once

dwight was my favorite during his time here - i loved watching him grow up and i couldnt help feel connected to him as someone close to my age living a dream i always grew up hoping to achieve. and then he went and broke my heart.

loved jameer, armstrong, was so sad when they traded courtney lee, Bo,  among many others.

i had a random affinity for players like mike doleac, matt harpring, jon amechi, mo evans, pat garrity, wanted to like drew gooden so bad but couldnt, haha. i could go on :p

Loved Penny as a kid. Loved T-Mac as a teen. Loved Jameer as an adult. Probably rooted hardest for T-Mac, as far as one player. Odd love for Andrew Declercq. Never thought he was any good, just loved watching him try so hard and fail to not suck. It was like watching Forest Gump try to court Jenny, except Jenny never got AIDS. Just, always out of reach.

19 hours ago, jjgator said:

Loved him and hated him at the same time.

Trading for Turkoglu back was idiotic, he was not the same player and was past his prime

Waiting for it 

tbh I don’t have any particular favourite because anyone either broke my heart (shaq, Anderson, Dwight) or wasn’t too good for too long to be favourite (Armstrong) or lost the finals which for me is even worse than being a lottery team (turk, Lewis, penny) or stole from the team (grant hill). It all leads me to tmac, I liked his game but I don’t have favourites because I am still waiting to See Orlando with a ring. 

As far as talent goes, Dwight shaq penny tmac and Turk are my all time 5, with Lewis being close 6.