TheNameIsOrlando

Favorite Magic Players of All Time

1. Penny-Reason I became a Magic fan. Loved his size and explosiveness. As a kid he reminded me of Jordan.

2. Jameer Nelson-Was little but all heart. One of the best leaders I've seen. 

3. JJ-Actually hated him at Duke since I was a Tar Heel fan as a kid but his work ethic was second to none.

4. Matt Barnes-He was a fighter. Not sure if we ever had a guy as tenacious as he was. 

For you to put Jameer, JJ, or Barnes over Shaq and Dwight is crazzzzzy. I know we all hate how they left but you can't truthfully say you didn't love Shaq and Dwight when they were here. 

45 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

For you to put Jameer, JJ, or Barnes over Shaq and Dwight is crazzzzzy. I know we all hate how they left but you can't truthfully say you didn't love Shaq and Dwight when they were here. 

How are you going to criticize what someone's favorite is? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

This is obviously not a list about which players were better.

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

How are you going to criticize what someone's favorite is? 

Not criticizing but I can't stand how our fans treat Shaq and Dwight.... Let's keep it real, if Dwight would have somehow been traded by the Orginization (Their Decision) instead of Dwight forcing a trade. Everyone on this board would probably rank him in their top 1 or 2 players in team history... stop lying to yourselves and get over it... 

To rank Barnes over Dwight is a complete Joke...

1 hour ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

Not criticizing but I can't stand how our fans treat Shaq and Dwight.... Let's keep it real, if Dwight would have somehow been traded by the Orginization (Their Decision) instead of Dwight forcing a trade. Everyone on this board would probably rank him in their top 1 or 2 players in team history... stop lying to yourselves and get over it... 

Favorite doesn't mean best dude.  Someone might have Pat Garrity as their favorite player because they're a Notre dame fan and they ran into him in an airport one time and he took the time to talk with them for 10 minutes.  Doesn't mean they think garrity is better than shaq.  

I liked jameer and Lewis better than dwight when he was here. Has nothing to do with him leaving.  Just liked  jameer's story better.  Lewis was because I liked playing with Seattle in nba live '05 initially because of Ray Allen but the ridnour-allen-lewis-radmanovic-evans lineups were unguardable. Played enough with them to appreciate Lewis' game.  Then we signed him. 

• Like 2

Not the best players, but some of my favorites.

Darryl Armstrong - loved the heart and hustle!

Hedo - just looking at him was instant entertainment and some of the plays he made were amazing. The pass from out of bounds to Dwight at the rim to beat the Spurs for example!

Gortat - There will only be 1 Polish hammer

Ryan Anderson - his knack of being at the right place for so many rebounds was amazing

Rafer Alston - I think he was a fun PG to watch, very creative and always played hard. His from the playground to the NBA finals story is awesome!

1 hour ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

Favoritism is colored by emotional response. Imagine an ex-girlfriend who was there for you when a family member passed away, went on trips with you, was smart, funny, good looking. You have a good connection. Everyone thinks she is/was an A+ girl. It lasts a while. Then you go through a rough break up. A drift downwards. Miscommunication. Fights. Cheating, maybe. etc. You aren't going to look back on that relationship positively after how she leaves no matter how good the relationship seemed at its peak.

On the other hand, if the relationship ended differently, drifting apart, both of you realizing you want different things in life, etc, you likely would look back on that relationship more fondly.

• Like 1

Well, Vince Carter is my favorite player but he was a dog for us lol.

Hmm, I'd have to go with Mario, Jameer, Redick, Ryan Anderson, Tobias... Isaac is on his way for sure and maybe Birch. I like AG but I need to see more

Edit: forgot T-Mac

50 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Well, Vince Carter is my favorite player but he was a dog for us lol.

Hmm, I'd have to go with Mario, Jameer, Redick, Ryan Anderson, Tobias... Isaac is on his way for sure and maybe Birch. I like AG but I need to see more

Edit: forgot T-Mac

5 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Not the best players, but some of my favorites.

Darryl Armstrong - loved the heart and hustle!

Hedo - just looking at him was instant entertainment and some of the plays he made were amazing. The pass from out of bounds to Dwight at the rim to beat the Spurs for example!

Gortat - There will only be 1 Polish hammer

Ryan Anderson - his knack of being at the right place for so many rebounds was amazing

Rafer Alston - I think he was a fun PG to watch, very creative and always played hard. His from the playground to the NBA finals story is awesome!

Damn I can't believe I forgot about T-Mac. He's def on my list. I loved Turk and Alston as well. Hard to not like anyone from that 09 team.

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Damn I can't believe I forgot about T-Mac. He's def on my list. I loved Turk and Alston as well. Hard to not like anyone from that 09 team.

tumblr_kuh46uQbHx1qa6328o1_500.jpg

• Upvote 2