Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Hawks vs. Magic Sunday, April 1st @ 6:00 P.M.

7 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I don't think it would be a good idea to push Isaac to the three just to fit AG unless if we feel like he'd be better there anyway.  At this point having Isaac close to the paint is very enticing.  I can only imagine it'll get better with time.  

KD plays the 3 and he still protects the rim. AG and Isaac could theoretically invert their positions on the defensive end

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's a philosophy thing though.  We don't go after offensive rebounds

I just wish Isaac wouldn't camp at the 3 point line...

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

KD plays the 3 and he still protects the rim. AG and Isaac could theoretically invert their positions on the defensive end

Actually KD plays a lot of the 4 and 5 position now in small ball lineups.

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He is one of the best players in the league, that doesn't mean AG will magically be able to show that he can play multiple positions-he already tried that.  I don't want to stifle the higher ceiling guy just to keep AG happy.  If we can make it work your way, that's great.  

3 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I just wish Isaac wouldn't camp at the 3 point line...

That's the offense though.  The 3 and the 4 are pretty much interchangeable positions. 

Our center position is every bit as bad as our point guard position. JJJ has a lot of growing to do, but he’d fit this team perfectly.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's the offense though.  The 3 and the 4 are pretty much interchangeable positions. 

I guess this is why I want to see a change in our primary ball handlers. I like both players (Fournier & DJ), but they both have trust issues with our younger players which I believe stunt their growth. As much as I hated EP, the one thing the kid did was share the ball with everyone.

2 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

He is one of the best players in the league, that doesn't mean AG will magically be able to show that he can play multiple positions-he already tried that.  I don't want to stifle the higher ceiling guy just to keep AG happy.  If we can make it work your way, that's great.  

The entire point of isaac is to be able to exploit his size on the perimeter until he gets strong enough where we can play him at center some and exploit his quickness. 

Playing Gordon and isaac together is important because it screws up other teams offense when you have multiple guys who can defend multiple positions and switch everything.  

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Our center position is every bit as bad as our point guard position. JJJ has a lot of growing to do, but he’d fit this team perfectly.

Yup 

18 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

actually AG guards 3s better than 4s and it's probably vice versa for Isaac so it makes total sense

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

actually AG guards 3s better than 4s and it's probably vice versa for Isaac so it makes total sense

I totally agree with this . AG is a very good 1 on 1 wing defender. He's just not a wing scorer yet at this point.

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'm not sure this is true.  Gordon is in the 98th percentile defending post ups this year.  But he's been weak in help side defense so maybe that's where you're going with this.