Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Hawks vs. Magic Sunday, April 1st @ 6:00 P.M.

11 hours ago, JJZFL said:

We will see. Yes all these losses may get us a marginally better chance at a higher draft pick.  But everyone ignores the downsides, including demotivated players going in to the summer with no motivation to work on their games, even less confidence going in to next season, possibly players who people want to keep such as Gordon looking to go elsewhere so they can play for a team that isn’t terrible, and so on.  You’re only looking at one side of the ledger. 

Sorry responded to wrong post 

Edited by JJZFL
Mistaken post

10 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yup you are right. Forcing players like Gordon to play all/most of the season with a starting PG that doesn't shoot 3s, plays bad D, and a starting center that also plays bad D creates a losing culture, but I understand our new management wanting to evaluate our players.  There is absolutely nothing we can do at this point to create a winning culture this season because our team sucks, we don't have the players to compete with even the lowest teams, and we have made so many boneheaded decisions over the past few years that have made our team worse. If I was a player like Gordon I would hope/pray that we get a great pick so we can draft some guys to run with him and Isaac to help start to turn this around.

I hope you’re right.  But I’m not so sure Gordon would bank on some rookie turning things around.  Not like there’s a LeBron in this draft. I suspect he’d rather see some signs of life from this team now.  Instead he’s seeing just the opposite.  

On a separate point, I don’t really understand the thing about keeping the awful team together for another year so that they could evaluate them.  All the previous years games were readily available for them to have watched.  Making the fans go through another year of this wasn’t a positive from my standpoint. 

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I hope you’re right.  But I’m not so sure Gordon would bank on some rookie turning things around.  Not like there’s a LeBron in this draft. I suspect he’d rather see some signs of life from this team now.  Instead he’s seeing just the opposite.  

On a separate point, I don’t really understand the thing about keeping the awful team together for another year so that they could evaluate them.  All the previous years games were readily available for them to have watched.  Making the fans go through another year of this wasn’t a positive from my standpoint. 

I agree on everything you said. As far as Gordon banking on a rookie to help turn things around I think anybody in the top 5 will at least help. Indeed there are no LeBrons, but there are PGs that can shoot and play defense and there are centers that play defense as well. I'll have 1 of each please!

Getting rid of EP was a big step in the right direction and getting rid of Vuc will be the next big step. Who in their right mind would keep a center that doesn't play D in the modern NBA? I know he scores but he just doesn't contribute to building a winning culture with his scarecrow defense.

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

the problem was all our players are so young there was no telling who may turn a corner so better to evaluate then misjudged current potential value 

51 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I agree on everything you said. As far as Gordon banking on a rookie to help turn things around I think anybody in the top 5 will at least help. Indeed there are no LeBrons, but there are PGs that can shoot and play defense and there are centers that play defense as well. I'll have 1 of each please!

Getting rid of EP was a big step in the right direction and getting rid of Vuc will be the next big step. Who in their right mind would keep a center that doesn't play D in the modern NBA? I know he scores but he just doesn't contribute to building a winning culture with his scarecrow defense.

at least scarecrows keep the birds away

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

On a separate point, I don’t really understand the thing about keeping the awful team together for another year so that they could evaluate them.  All the previous years games were readily available for them to have watched.  

Had to figure out if payton could take step. He didn't.  Waited to see if a market developed for vucevic (it didn't). Gordon is better in some ways than we predicted after last year but disappointing in others.  Biyombo is unmovable. 

And we changed half the roster last summer 

32 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Had to figure out if payton could take step. He didn't.  Waited to see if a market developed for vucevic (it didn't). Gordon is better in some ways than we predicted after last year but disappointing in others.  Biyombo is unmovable. 

And we changed half the roster last summer 

We did, but we basically started the same guys that sucked the year before.

• Upvote 1