Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Hawks vs. Magic Sunday, April 1st @ 6:00 P.M.

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not sure this is true.  Gordon is in the 98th percentile defending post ups this year.  But he's been weak in help side defense so maybe that's where you're going with this.  

Actually he needs to work on his help defense. His 1 on 1 outside of the paint is rock solid. He can bullied in the block because of his size and lack of length.

4 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So thankful that we played this the right way! I want us to have the opportunity to pick up one of the better projected players. Tied for 3rd worst now!

We will see. Yes all these losses may get us a marginally better chance at a higher draft pick.  But everyone ignores the downsides, including demotivated players going in to the summer with no motivation to work on their games, even less confidence going in to next season, possibly players who people want to keep such as Gordon looking to go elsewhere so they can play for a team that isn’t terrible, and so on.  You’re only looking at one side of the ledger. 

11 hours ago, JJZFL said:

We will see. Yes all these losses may get us a marginally better chance at a higher draft pick.  But everyone ignores the downsides, including demotivated players going in to the summer with no motivation to work on their games, even less confidence going in to next season, possibly players who people want to keep such as Gordon looking to go elsewhere so they can play for a team that isn’t terrible, and so on.  You’re only looking at one side of the ledger. 

Yup you are right. Forcing players like Gordon to play all/most of the season with a starting PG that doesn't shoot 3s, plays bad D, and a starting center that also plays bad D creates a losing culture, but I understand our new management wanting to evaluate our players.  There is absolutely nothing we can do at this point to create a winning culture this season because our team sucks, we don't have the players to compete with even the lowest teams, and we have made so many boneheaded decisions over the past few years that have made our team worse. If I was a player like Gordon I would hope/pray that we get a great pick so we can draft some guys to run with him and Isaac to help start to turn this around.

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I could see us go after Isaiah Thomas just because I don't see upper management having the patience to go through another rebuild 

God, I hope not. Even in Boston he needed to be surrounded by defensive players and a great system. I am not going to say that he is definitively done, players have bounced back before, but I think that his role going forward will most likely be as an off the bench scorer. 

53 minutes ago, Odin said:

God, I hope not. Even in Boston he needed to be surrounded by defensive players and a great system. I am not going to say that he is definitively done, players have bounced back before, but I think that his role going forward will most likely be as an off the bench scorer. 

He wants a starting spot and I don't see many teams that can give him one. We are desperate for offense so I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after him