Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Brooklyn Nets @ Magic Wednesday, 3/28 @ 7:00 p.m.

26 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I believe team has a better w-l when Vuch doesn’t play. 

I don’t know if that’s true or not; we’d be splitting hairs of crap relativity if we went down that road anyway.  He’s our best and most efficient offensive player so it makes sense regardless of how bad we are.

8 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I don’t know if that’s true or not; we’d be splitting hairs of crap relativity if we went down that road anyway.  He’s our best and most efficient offensive player so it makes sense regardless of how bad we are.

No he isn't? I mean, this is just easily searchable.

Using EFG%, he is below both Fournier and Augustin. 

Use TS% he drops behind Simmons and Biyombo (!?!) and is virtually tied with Mario. (Gordon is a hair behind.)

And this is the most efficient he has ever been.

38 minutes ago, Odin said:

No he isn't? I mean, this is just easily searchable.

Using EFG%, he is below both Fournier and Augustin. 

Use TS% he drops behind Simmons and Biyombo (!?!) and is virtually tied with Mario. (Gordon is a hair behind.)

And this is the most efficient he has ever been.

You have to take usage into consideration.  The only one of those players that comes close is Fournier, and he isn’t playing.  The others are bench players which brings relevance of the stat into question and then AG.   He’s clearly not there.  Nik is our best offensive player, but that just shows how bleh our offense is when considering our defense is a joke.

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

His offense is irrelevant if what he gives up on defense makes it a wash or a net loss. I have this permanent vision locked in my head of Vuc with his arms straight out from his sides watching players go past him for layup drills and a how did they do that look on his face. Our team sucks without defense in the middle and moving Vuc either off the team or to the bench should be a priority this offseason. If we don't draft a 5 I'm fine with developing Birch with Biz off the bench.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

His offense is irrelevant if what he gives up on defense makes it a wash or a net loss. I have this permanent vision locked in my head of Vuc with his arms straight out from his sides watching players go past him for layup drills and a how did they do that look on his face. Our team sucks without defense in the middle and moving Vuc either off the team or to the bench should be a priority this offseason. If we don't draft a 5 I'm fine with developing Birch with Biz off the bench.

And those open layups to start the game kill our momentum and will for the rest of the game. 

4 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

in <376 days Nikola will no longer play for the Magic. smile.

34 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

in <376 days Nikola will no longer play for the Magic. smile.

Hopefully a lot less than 376.  If we have to watch his listless effort for another season it may be too much for me.

+1 from me for ROCK’s post above. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Defense or lack thereof is irrelevant to the conversation.

Interesting tidbit for everyone who thinks Vuc is our only problem on D. In the Skiles year, we were a decent defensive team with Vuc starting 60 games, playing 31 min a game (and Fournier starting over 70, for that matter). In Vaughn's second year, we were a decent defensive team with Vuc starting 57 games and playing 31 min a game. Perhaps there's more to it than Vuc.