Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Brooklyn Nets @ Magic Wednesday, 3/28 @ 7:00 p.m.

7 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I'm not trying to say that Vuc is a good defender, or even an an average one. I'm suggesting that others have managed to muster decent defense with Vuc as a starter. Vuc clearly is a problem, and he was a problem for Skiles, as you say. I'm just saying that we should recognize that there have been probably a lot more problems with our defense than just him. Maybe getting rid of Payton and Vuc together will be enough. I hope so. But I'm not convinced this will do it. Frank Vogel may be almost as much of a problem.

Well our defensive ranks since Payton are decent so there you go

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Well our defensive ranks since Payton are decent so there you go

That's encouraging. I've said for a while I thought Payton was a bigger problem for our defense than Vuc. That said, I'm still with everyone else that Vuc needs to either recognize that his skill-set is one made for the modern-day NBA bench, or he needs to go. I think if we could have found a center that was a defensive beast and made them split time 24 min and 24 min, Vuc in Orlando could have worked out. But when we tried that, Vuc whined about the prospect of a benching and Biyombo turned out to be not good enough to make a difference. We need to move on from a lot more than Vuc. I like Fournier, but I'm not sure he'll ever agree to being the sixth man he should be, either. And as long as both are here, they have too much of a voice in the locker room, too much power over the team's culture.

20 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

How about the quality of the teams we have been playing as it seems we have not been playing very many good teams lately  

10 of the 18 games were played against playoff teams

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So it’s all on Payton. Got it. We don’t need any changes to be made. We are ready next year. Hyperbole I know lol. What do you think needs to be changed?  

Imo we need an overhaul. From the coach on down. 

We need more two way players. Lineups like Augustin- Simmons- Mario-isaac- vucevic and Augustin- purvis- hezonja- Gordon- vucevic are a huge anchor on our defensive numbers.  

Changing to something like a Augustin- ross- isaac- Gordon- Jackson/bamba pg- Simmons- Mario- biyombo rotation would help a lot.  

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So it’s all on Payton. Got it. We don’t need any changes to be made. We are ready next year. Hyperbole I know lol. What do you think needs to be changed?  

Imo we need an overhaul. From the coach on down. 

Vucevic has to go. Vogel should also go

Draft any of the top prospects not named Bagley or Porter

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Vucevic has to go. Vogel should also go

Draft any of the top prospects not named Bagley or Porter

I agree. Also Trae is my choice as well. We need an alpha personality and he is the best bet at that. 

• Like 1