Magicpassion

Is Frank on his way out ?

18 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Interesting article on Frank https://t.co/jVL2iF40rq.  They seem to make a very sound argument for his release. I feel bad as he seems like a quality person and the players seem to like him, but as in life; results is all that matters.

I am ok with Frank. He is really a good coach just not the right coach for us at the moment. I think we can be a little more patient and see what he can do once we upgrade our team in the offseason and we are healthier. I will give him another year. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am ok with Frank. He is really a good coach just not the right coach for us at the moment. I think we can be a little more patient and see what he can do once we upgrade our team in the offseason and we are healthier. I will give him another year. 

I’m ok giving him another year, we definitely have a flawed and young roster.

Because he started EP the whole time he was here and continues to start Vuc and his lack of defense I have to think that either Vogel doesn't have a clue and just got lucky in Indiana, or the FO was insisting on starting them to discreetly tank. I also don't like his switching out the whole lineup at 1 time regardless of if someone had the hot hand.

• Like 1

I feel like the game is a lot different to how it was when he was successful at Indiana. If the FO finds someone else this offseason that they think can lead us long term I'm all for change. If there isn't anyone that fits what we want I'd rather give Frank another season to see what he can do. I don't blame him for all our major issues but I still don't think he's done anything particularly well. 

• Like 1

Fix what is not working and provide stability.

Next coach should have a long contract, 5 years minimum, so he can quickly develop his own playing style with his own players and what is left of this trash roster.

Try to trade-cut vucevic, fournier byombo or whatever makes financial sense (maybe it is holding on to them for 2 more years, but I would trade them for picks or expirings, if any team would be crazy enough to take those useless guys.

The main focus should be develop youngsters like Gordon, Isaac and the next 2 picks and have financial freedom in 2 season so we can sign one good FA and maybe compete for playoffs in a couple of years.

When I read the title the first time, for some weird reason I though we were taking about our own future Magic hall of famer Frank Vazquez. 

That’s funny, Fran Vasquez was scared of the NBA. I can’t believe as a professional he didn’t  want to play against the best. What a waste of a 7th pick. He used the Magic to secure a better contract overseas; probably would never be more then a rotation player.