Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

76ers @ Magic Thursday, March 22 @ 7:00 P.M.

3 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

yes, yes, let's pin our hopes on a 19-20 year old coming in and turning this team around. 

doesn't happen day 1 but embiid and Simmons are pretty much 1st and 2nd year dudes

Just now, JJZFL said:

Yeah better odds but look what we did to get them.  This team has hit rock bottom.  No telling how long we'll be terrible.  I certainly wouldn't count on a high draft pick to get us out of this.  I wouldn't count on a combo of Gordon/Isaac either.  

I agree 100%. Personally I'm not as high on AG or Isaac as most fans are. I'm afraid Isaac will never build up his body enough to stay off the injury list and AG is too inconsistent. I would trade either plus our 2019 pick for an early lotto pick but we wouldn't get any takers. Like I said in the beginning of LAST season and I'm repeating before next season, we need a lot more than a new face or 2 if we want to be even halfway decent. We need a lot of new faces and say goodbye to others. I think everything that made us sink so low happened in Henny's last 2 years, we were heading in a pretty good direction until we made some terrible trades and signed Biz to that beyond stupid contract.We didn't get this bad from tanking, we got this bad by trading away 2 of our best players. I don't think letting Dedmon go was very smart either. He was a decet backup already and we could have kept him cheap instead of Biz at $17M.

6 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

yes, yes, let's pin our hopes on a 19-20 year old coming in and turning this team around. 

There's NO 1 player of any age that could come in turn this team around including Lebron, we suck that bad! It's gonna take a bunch of moves to make this team even HALFWAY decent. We have to stop making bone head moves. We didn't need another season to find out our starting center doesn't play D or our PG doesn't shoot 3s. We should have gotten rid of both of them and Biz as well, and drafted DSJ instead of a guy who may never have an NBA body. Even when Isaac's foot is totally healed how is he gonna hold up when guys like Lebron or Dramond come crashing into him? 

11 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

There's NO 1 player of any age that could come in turn this team around including Lebron, we suck that bad! It's gonna take a bunch of moves to make this team even HALFWAY decent. We have to stop making bone head moves. We didn't need another season to find out our starting center doesn't play D or our PG doesn't shoot 3s. We should have gotten rid of both of them and Biz as well, and drafted DSJ instead of a guy who may never have an NBA body. Even when Isaac's foot is totally healed how is he gonna hold up when guys like Lebron or Dramond come crashing into him? 

Adding a MVP candidate would absolutely turn this team around

23 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

doesn't happen day 1 but embiid and Simmons are pretty much 1st and 2nd year dudes

It would be one thing if we were tanking for some generational talent (like embiid and simmons) but we're tanking for the right to pick...DeAndre Ayton? Luka Doncic? The guys after that? Yea i'm not that impressed. 

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Not with Vuc starting LOL

Even with vucevic starting.  

We're bad but an elite player shifts everyone into better roles.  

4 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

It would be one thing if we were tanking for some generational talent (like embiid and simmons) but we're tanking for the right to pick...DeAndre Ayton? Luka Doncic? The guys after that? Yea i'm not that impressed. 

I agree.  Ayton scares me.  A lot of his game is just being big. 

39 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I agree 100%. Personally I'm not as high on AG or Isaac as most fans are. I'm afraid Isaac will never build up his body enough to stay off the injury list and AG is too inconsistent. I would trade either plus our 2019 pick for an early lotto pick but we wouldn't get any takers. Like I said in the beginning of LAST season and I'm repeating before next season, we need a lot more than a new face or 2 if we want to be even halfway decent. We need a lot of new faces and say goodbye to others. I think everything that made us sink so low happened in Henny's last 2 years, we were heading in a pretty good direction until we made some terrible trades and signed Biz to that beyond stupid contract.We didn't get this bad from tanking, we got this bad by trading away 2 of our best players. I don't think letting Dedmon go was very smart either. He was a decet backup already and we could have kept him cheap instead of Biz at $17M.

+1 from me.  Agree with all that also.

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I agree.  Ayton scares me.  A lot of his game is just being big. 

Yeah like all guys he's a crap shoot. He could be Towns or he could be Okafor. There really is no safe bet in this draft but the odds are still better closer to the top, or if the FO feels like there is no good shot maybe we can trade back a bit for 2 picks and grab a PG and a center in each round and let them battle it out for PT.

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yeah like all guys he's a crap shoot. He could be Towns or he could be Okafor. There really is no safe bet in this draft but the odds are still better closer to the top, or if the FO feels like there is no good shot maybe we can trade back a bit for 2 picks and grab a PG and a center in each round and let them battle it out for PT.

Wish we had used some of the picks we traded away this year.  We could be seeing if they had anything instead of watching these marginal guys on 10 day contracts (maybe Purvis is worth a look but the others haven't been)

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Wish we had used some of the picks we traded away this year.  We could be seeing if they had anything instead of watching these marginal guys on 10 day contracts (maybe Purvis is worth a look but the others haven't been)

Yeah that was another boneheaded move. You don't tradeaway ANY picks when your team sucks, you bring in guys and take a look at them. Purvis looked better than anybody else on the team tonight.