Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Raptors @ Magic Tuesday, March 20, 2018 @ 7:00 P.M.

8 hours ago, JJZFL said:

We will get a reasonably high draft pick and probably be having this same discussion this time next year about why we need to tank again for whoever the “savior du jour” is at the time.  Apparently some haven’t yet learned that it’s much easier to make a team terrible than it is to turn it off and make them unterrible.  All you’re doing here is taking a team that doesn’t know how to win and further reinforcing those losing habits.  Oh and you’re also teaching Isaac how to lose.

You don’t want to do the hard work of developing a team.  Still looking for the magic shortcut. 

You never stop with this crap. Ever. We know your opinion, let it go

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Apparently you are under the impression that we have a team that is good enough to teach a winning culture? We have a starting center that won't play D, a backup center with hands of stone, and up until a short time ago a starting PG that couldn't even see the basket without tilting his head way back that also sucked on D. Our team sucks, period. I'm sure that Isaac and AG both know that we would be a much better team with a good center that can play D and would love to play with one. Can you imagine being on a team where you bust your butt to win but all along you know all they have to do is start going at your center to win the game?

You can't teach a winning culture on a team that has parts (and you let them play) that prevent you from winning. Once we purge ourselves of those and add a few guys that can play then we can talk about teaching a winning culture. In the meantime we need to get the very best player in the draft that we possibly can.

As far as having the same discussion next year. If we keep and start Vuc we most definitely will be.

I agree with almost all of your post.  Where we differ is that I would get Vuch our of the starting lineup and start Birch to see if it makes any difference.  I would try to win games and develop the team. 

9 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

to be fair were going to lose games no matter what because we just aren't that good. Good teams do one of 2 things, blow us out early so the stars can rest, or rest in the game until crunch time then flip to switch, which is dolls gold for our team. I don't see an avenue of winning games with Vuc and Biz honestly,  they are the ultimate ying yang twins of the NBA

I think there are things we could try but overall you’re not wrong. 

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

You never stop with this crap. Ever. We know your opinion, let it go

We know yours too.  It’s brought us six years of futility.  I’ll support my point of view in response to those who advocate tanking. That’s kind of what this forum is for.  

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

We know yours too.  It’s brought us six years of futility.  I’ll support my point of view in response to those who advocate tanking. That’s kind of what this forum is for.  

Did we throw the game last night or did we get beat by a superior team? Just curious.

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I agree with almost all of your post.  Where we differ is that I would get Vuch our of the starting lineup and start Birch to see if it makes any difference.  I would try to win games and develop the team. 

I think Birch is our best center but playing Vuc is a necessary evil so it doesn't kill his trade value completely

16 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think Birch is our best center but playing Vuc is a necessary evil so it doesn't kill his trade value completely

And it also helps the tank. The pose of Vuc with has arms straight out to the sides watching guys go by for layup drills is forever embedded in my mind. All a team has to do to win during crunch time is go at Vuc.

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

We already have an idea from what we've seen from Birch that he is a good backup center that could possibly develop into a starter given the minutes. His effort and energy alone are a big plus to building a winning culture. If I was the coach I would have told Vuc long ago that he HAS TO play D and that he is going to be pulled the very 1st time he doesn't, and I would stick to that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, magicblue said:

Did we throw the game last night or did we get beat by a superior team? Just curious.

Again I was responding to those who advocate tanking (losing as many games as possible) as our best strategy for the remainder of this season.  It was not based on whether we intentionally tried to lose a particular game.  Having said that, I think a team that was interested in winning and developing winning habits would bench guys who aren’t giving effort on defense. 

20 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We already have an idea from what we've seen from Birch that he is a good backup center that could possibly develop into a starter given the minutes. His effort and energy alone are a big plus to building a winning culture. If I was the coach I would have told Vuc long ago that he HAS TO play D and that he is going to be pulled the very 1st time he doesn't, and I would stick to that.

+1 from me

On 3/21/2018 at 1:21 PM, JJZFL said:

Again I was responding to those who advocate tanking (losing as many games as possible) as our best strategy for the remainder of this season.  It was not based on whether we intentionally tried to lose a particular game.  Having said that, I think a team that was interested in winning and developing winning habits would bench guys who aren’t giving effort on defense. 

building winning habits or creating momentum on a team about to be dismantled and where 50% of them will remain here for next season (including coach), and in a type of league that rewards tanking, is grossly overrated.

Tanking all the way gets you the possibility of a better player on a more economic deal. Period.