Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Utah

7 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

That's Deja Vu from a few games ago. Vuc stood and watch a guy go by, someone had to foul to stop a shot and Vuc stood there with his arms spread complaining that the player got continuation and the and 1. Totally useless on D.

Someone needs to make that video go viral. Magic coaching staff don’t see that we were a better team with Biyombo and Hezonja in the SL. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Someone needs to make that video go viral. Magic coaching staff don’t see that we were a better team with Biyombo and Hezonja in the SL. 

Biyombo has bricks for hands and he should never get midrange shots but I like his energy way more. He'd be fine if we treated him like Clint Capela. 

Vogel is just not good enough to build a competent offense. Just look at how our starting lineup plays... it's freaking embarrassing

5 hours ago, jec said:

He needs to stop hesitating so much. Just make a move and go. 

He wants to be like Tmac. Triple threat, crossover, etc offensive like creator. 

It's not who he really has been naturally. I wish he would just go back doing what got him here and build on that more. Grabbing offensive outback dunks, elite defense and shotblocking, etc. He can still take shots, threes, cut, and take it to the basket but this player who he's  trying to morph into, I just don't think it's working and I think he's neglecting what really makes him a star.

He's Marion/Griffin hybrid. Not Tmac/GHill/VC offensive player.

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He's been ok lately.  

The problem is when the team is struggling offensively Gordon and Fournier try to force shots to bail us out but Gordon isn't good enough offensively to create right now so the result is awkward offense.  

It's not a big deal.  Oladipo did the same thing.  

He hasn't been terrible.  He's not there on offense as you say but the frustrating thing about him is everything else that's meh. He's never been offensively efficient, that won't change at 18 shots a night.  He needs to remember what got him to the league.  Unfortunately for him there's another player on the team with seemingly more upside on what he does well on a rookie scale contract.  Oladipo showed signs, apples to oranges. 

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

He wants to be like Tmac. Triple threat, crossover, etc offensive like creator. 

It's not who he has been.  I wish he would just go back doing what got him here and build on that more. Grabbing offensive outback dunks, elite defense and shotblocking, etc. He can still take shots, threes, cut, and take it to the basket but this player who he's  trying to morph into, I just don't think it's working and I think he's neglecting what really makes him a star.

He's Marion/Griffin hybrid. Not Tmac/GHill/VC offensive player.

It seems we're on the same page, although the Marion/Griffin hybrid comp is very generous.  

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

It seems we're on the same page, although the Marion/Griffin hybrid comp is very generous.  

A little. You're absolutely right about Dipo. Despite some of his struggles I saw how well he could create space and offense off the dribble. It was natural for him. He just had to refine and get stronger.

AG looks like a two legged pregnant yak at times. Sure every now and then he might pull something off but I believe his desire to pull off an every now and then is ruining who he could be consistently.

I think he could have the same impact as those two.

I dont know how long we have to play like this, but Bismack should never shoot foul line shots, Shelvin mack should never shoot more then 5 times a game. Simmons pounds the air out of the ball and should be moved to the bench. Our starting 5 should be DJ - EVAN - MARIO - AG - VUC, with Isaac, Simmons and Iwundu replacing the 2, 3 & 4....

Thats some good shot creation for the second unit and forces the Opponenent to have rim protection in their for Simmons.

3 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I dont know how long we have to play like this, but Bismack should never shoot foul line shots, Shelvin mack should never shoot more then 5 times a game. Simmons pounds the air out of the ball and should be moved to the bench. Our starting 5 should be DJ - EVAN - MARIO - AG - VUC, with Isaac, Simmons and Iwundu replacing the 2, 3 & 4....

Thats some good shot creation for the second unit and forces the Opponenent to have rim protection in their for Simmons.

Vuc should not be starting at ALL

• Upvote 1

I totally agree that Gordon has been wildly inconsistent. However, Dipo at the same age, was also a hot mess on offense. He couldn’t consistently shoot, finish or manage his turnovers. Let’s not try to spin it some other way.

Gordon is 22 years old and averaging 18/8/2 while shooting 50 2P% and 34 3P%. At the same age, Dipo was averaging 18/4/4 while shooting 46 2P% and 34 3P%. Considering how raw Gordon was when he came into the league, and considering how dysfunctional our coaching and roster has been, I’m encouraged by the guy’s progress.