Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Utah

23 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That I don't think he's a first option offensive player and should stop forcing and don't lose sight of what got him drafted but expand on it? 

Nah. That's defensible.  

"And Joe Schmoe from Provo, Utah agrees with me!" Is a weird thing to bring up.  

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. That's defensible.  

"And Joe Schmoe from Provo, Utah agrees with me!" Is a weird thing to bring up.  

That's not why I brought it up. People have been disagreeing with me for years. 

I just thought it was interesting that an outsider who was unbiased had that opinion.

Interesting discussion with good points on both sides, until the unfortunate detour with the Utah fan issue that generated so much off-topic discussion. I don’t personally have an opinion about who’s right regarding AG.

However, the team is going to have a tough decision coming up on what to do with him. I don’t know how much demand there will be for him on the FA market after the season, but if his value is bid up, the Magic will have to decide whether to match. Is he worth a max contract?  I definitely don’t think so. How about 20M per year?  Is he going to be good enough in the next 4-5 years to justify spending that kind of money on him?

As an aside, it’s demoralizing to watch Vuch lurch around a few steps slower than everyone else.  He’s never been quick, I get it, but right now it looks like he’s not even trying. 

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

As an aside, it’s demoralizing to watch Vuch lurch around a few steps slower than everyone else.  He’s never been quick, I get it, but right now it looks like he’s not even trying. 

Tank commander? Would a GM secretly tell a couple players to stop trying so we could get a better pick? 

"Hey AG, if you want to play with Ayton or Doncic next season let's see how close you can get to making baskets without them going in."

49 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's not why I brought it up. People have been disagreeing with me for years. 

I just thought it was interesting that an outsider who was unbiased had that opinion.

How do you know he's unbiased? For all we know his ex-girlfriend left him for a dude in Arizona and he's hated everything about that state ever since.

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Tank commander? Would a GM secretly tell a couple players to stop trying so we could get a better pick? 

"Hey AG, if you want to play with Ayton or Doncic next season let's see how close you can get to making baskets without them going in."

lol I imagined this in Godfather lighting

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

That I don't think he's a first option offensive player and should stop forcing and don't lose sight of what got him drafted but expand on it? 

I think your whole disregarding of the stats I presented because “your eyes are better than mine” was kind of a jerk position to take, especially when you misrepresented my own positions on players.

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2018 at 8:15 PM, Odin said:

I think your whole disregarding of the stats I presented because “your eyes are better than mine” was kind of a jerk position to take, especially when you misrepresented my own positions on players.

Yeah I was abnormally a jerk about it. I've been expressing opinions for years that majority, not all, disagreed with me in a jerk like manner and it usually turns out right. Gets damn frustrating but I shouldn't of succumb to such commentary. My bad.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:06 AM, Magicman28 said:

Yeah I was abnormally a jerk about it. I've been expressing opinions for years that majority, not all, disagreed with me in a jerk like manner and it usually turns out right. Gets damn frustrating but I shouldn't of succumb to such commentary. My bad.

No problem. We all have those moments.