Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Utah

9 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

If we asked a Jazz fan the last two seasons if Gordon should be shooting 3 3point attempts per game they'd probably laugh at you and tell you he should live under the basket for garbage putbacks. I'm not impressed with his one game sample GMing

Yeah ok. Only a Magic fan knows what's up.

Yeah this got stupid fast.

21 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

What I'm obviously referring to is Gordon's exponential improvement to his game during the off seasons paired with making bold statements from extremely small sample sizes. I've seen Arron go 4 of 16, I've also seen him go off for 40 + multiple times as well as 30 +.

I don't understand why that's such a hard concept for you to grasp yet you can reach for straws and assume I'm just being a homer. 

36 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

It got pretty stupid when you brought up a random fans opinion.  I can find a fan from every fan base that has whatever opinion i want to cherry pick

37 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It got pretty stupid when you brought up a random fans opinion.  I can find a fan from every fan base that has whatever opinion i want to cherry pick

Dude mentioned how he liked him out of college so obviously he had some idea.

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

:svgsad:

We've talked about this before about AG and I just brought an outsiders opinion, a unbiased pair of eyes, who agrees he's not freaking Melo and needs to stop trying to be.

I'm surprised it irks you that much.

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We've talked about this before about AG and I just brought an outsiders opinion, a unbiased pair of eyes, who agrees he's not freaking Melo and needs to stop trying to be.

I'm surprised it irks you that much.

The outsider has no real credibility because he's not paid much attention to the magic and we have no real context of his opinions.  

I ran into a Brooklyn fan today who thinks vucevic is an underrated defender due to his 7'5 wingspan.  Doesnt mean that opinion has any merit.  

Jeff turner says a whole bunch of stupid ****. Doesn't make his opinions credible. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

The outsider has no real credibility because he's not paid much attention to the magic and we have no real context of his opinions.  

I ran into a Brooklyn fan today who thinks vucevic is an underrated defender due to his 7'5 wingspan.  Doesnt mean that opinion has any merit.  

Jeff turner says a whole bunch of stupid ****. 

How do you know he hasn't paid much attention?

Look, screw the fan. I feel the same way and I'm been paying attention for almost 30 years.

What I don't understand and what I don't like is how the Magic are blamed for AG's development or current issues. I'm pretty sure I read back when we were trying him at SF that it was mostly him that wanted it because he thought he could be a legit 3. Now with all his step back jumpers and ISO's it's the Magic's fault it's happening? To me it looks like it's what Aaron wants, I think he see's himself as developing into this Melo type player (not saying he should, but that's what he's striving for, he said he wants to be great, I don't think setting a lower bar for himself is something he would do. He may end up being more of a Marion then Melo, but at this point of his career and this age I think AG wants to shoot for the stars.)

And all this ball handling and step back jumpers are killing his career but for Oladipo they are what gave him the tools to become an all-star? Imagine how good AG would be if his handles improved and he could create for himself and become a real ISO threat? He'd be pretty special I think. He will never get there if he doesn't try though. He may never get there but I sure as hell won't be complaining about him trying when we are playing meaningless games to end this season.

To say Dipo had natural abilities and looked better on the ball compared to AG at the same age, that's a given considering their natural position and height and amount of time in high school/college where they played on the ball.

I think AG's growth potential is huge, higher than Dipo's, he may not get there but I have no issues with him learning from mistakes and opportunities on the ball compared to being asked to be an offensive rebounder and cutter only.

• Upvote 2