Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Utah

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yes, let's take advice from opposing fans who watch our team twice per year.

Much like Suns fans who have been informing us that Elfrid is the 2nd coming.

Who's taking advice? He's of the same opinion that I have.

And who says in order to be knowledgeable and wise about basketball you can only be as long as it has to do with your own team?

Some of the most ignorant opinions about the Magic have been from Magic fans. For instance, listen to the local radio at 4pm and listen to local callers.

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Who's taking advice? He's of the same opinion that I have.

And who says in order to be knowledgeable and wise about basketball you can only be as long as it has to do with your own team?

Yes.  My point is you are using the viewpoint of someone who rarely watches our players play.  It doesn't carry much weight.  If I were to make a statement about my make/model of car and have it supported by some lady who has test driven the same type of car once, I wouldn't tout that as some great confirmation of my point.

That person probably knows a fine amount about basketball, but that doesn't change the fact that he/she likely never watches us play.  He/she is forming sweeping opinions based on a limited set of evidence.  Aaron has had plenty of games playing within himself while looking like a breakout star.  But this guy saw one poor game and is suggesting that he needs to change teams because he's being "poisoned". 

The fact that this person has the same opinion as you isn't something to necessarily be proud of. 

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yes.  My point is you are using the viewpoint of someone who rarely watches our players play.  It doesn't carry much weight.  If I were to make a statement about my make/model of car and have it supported by some lady who has test driven the same type of car once, I wouldn't tout that as some great confirmation of my point.

That person probably knows a fine amount about basketball, but that doesn't change the fact that he/she likely never watches us play.  He/she is forming sweeping opinions based on a limited set of evidence.  Aaron has had plenty of games playing within himself while looking like a breakout star.  But this guy saw one poor game and is suggesting that he needs to change teams because he's being "poisoned". 

The fact that this person has the same opinion as you isn't something to necessarily be proud of. 

How in the hell do you know what he watches when he watches it?

You're just rambling. 

AG has looked better in some games but he looks nothing like a superstar. 

It would be highly unusual for a random Jazz fan to watch the Magic play routinely.  How often do you go out of your way to watch the Jazz play?  It's just highly improbable.

EDIT: Preemptive prediction -- "Actually, I watch the Jazz play all the time"

4 minutes ago, ML6 said:

It would be highly unusual for a random Jazz fan to watch the Magic play routinely.  How often do you go out of your way to watch the Jazz play?  It's just highly improbable.

EDIT: Preemptive prediction -- "Actually, I watch the Jazz play all the time"

Is this a prank? Slow day at work?

Hardly watch them. Your point is because I don't do something that applies to everyone else? Or that I know about Rubio and have watched him for years and I don't have an good enough opinion because I'm not a Jazz fan?

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

Been studying at the Murphy School of Arrogance, I see.

Boo.  All I did was defend myself.  When you’re usually right people will throw that claim out though, whether it’s justified or not.

Maybe we should all make a vow to be friends from here on out.  That would be an excellent end to this thread.

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Yeah it's pretty boring.

Go watch some Marion vids. Then go watch Melo. Now go watch AG.

You'll put your boredom to better use.

23 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yes, let's take advice from opposing fans who watch our team twice per year.

Much like Suns fans who have been informing us that Elfrid is the 2nd coming.

There’s an article out there comparing him favorably to Jason Kidd at the same age...there’s a middle ground out there somewhere 

37 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

From a Jazz fan. Just read this a second ago.

Nobody loved him more than me at the draft, but the Magic tried to turn him into Carmelo when he should have developed into the next Shawn Marion. He has no business shooting stepback mid range jumpers, but that's all he wanted to do tonight. Hopefully he can get out of Orlando without being poisoned too much.

Speaking of poison, Mario has definitely been poisoned by Orlando. He didn't shoot the ball particularly well, but his talent is so obvious. Athletic, strong frame with a beautiful jumper and some ball handling ability. He competes on both ends too. I want him in a Jazz uni so badly.

If we asked a Jazz fan the last two seasons if Gordon should be shooting 3 3point attempts per game they'd probably laugh at you and tell you he should live under the basket for garbage putbacks. I'm not impressed with his one game sample GMing