Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Utah

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think you underestimate the growth potential

No. I'm not. I think it's quite possible he settles down and plays within himself while the game slows down. It's like Dwight imo in a sense he wanted a bigger role and he deserved a bigger role but he had this vision as the next Hakeem and at times, you just wanted him to stick with what made him so special. I feel we are going through the same with AG. Sure, hit your threes, hit your mid rangers, pull off an occasional crossover but damn don't try to be what your not...The next Melo or Tmac. It's not you.

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

You say not to look at superficial stats but then you make this superficial statement. What you’re saying is completely subjective. Dipo was clumsy as heck his first couple of years in the league and the stats back it up. Even his offensive and defensive stats were a mess. I think Gordon has flashed every bit as much as Dipo and displays every bit the “natural” abilities at the same age. Gordon needs to grow in a ton of areas but his ceiling is still sky high. We have no idea what kind of player he’s going to become. 

Of course it's subjective. That's exactly my point. The stats only tell so much. Look deeper than that and it's two different issues.

Dipo was clumsy?! Nah man. He had some issues but not clumsy. AG looks clumsy and unsure more than Dipo did. And on top of that was getting others involved and playing consistent defense.

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Bull****. I called it years ago.

I remember being in the minority with Dipo and Mario and what I think they could be become.

A great deal of us thought Dipo could/would be great.  It's why some of us were immediately upset about the Ibaka trade.  The group of Magic fans who loved Dipo was not a "minority". And having been "right" about Oladipo does not automatically validate your opinions about Gordon. 

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's because your eyes aren't as good as mine. Seriously...Sometimes the eye test says a lot.

Been studying at the Murphy School of Arrogance, I see.

8 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I think him being traded twice in two seasons played a role. 

I think his natural abilities, work ethic, character, the opportunity to learn through his errors, and new found strength, is why. 

8 minutes ago, ML6 said:

A great deal of us thought Dipo could/would be great.  It's why some of us were immediately upset about the Ibaka trade.  The group of Magic fans who loved Dipo was not a "minority". And having been "right" about Oladipo does not automatically validate your opinions about Gordon. 

Been studying at the Murphy School of Arrogance, I see.

I've been right more than wrong. A lot more and usually the minority at first until down the road the proof shows itself.

Arrogance? I'm just pointing out when I'm right. I'm not saying I'm solely of the opinion or I'm always going to be right nor am I going to put a ceiling on what AG can become but I think fans get caught up on what could be instead of focusing on what it is.

I think AG is a potential all star. I think he can be a great piece on a contender but I think he's going to find that playing that monsterous defense, rebounding the hell out of the ball, and just attacking is going to be a lot more beneficial to this team going forward than being some offensive finesse wannabe.

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So i don't want it to get overlooked how great Isaac has been.  I bet he starts by the next home game.  

I think he starts the next game. He's doing what AG use to do more of. Maybe he can get AG back in track.

36 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No. I'm not. I think it's quite possible he settles down and plays within himself while the game slows down. It's like Dwight imo in a sense he wanted a bigger role and he deserved a bigger role but he had this vision as the next Hakeem and at times, you just wanted him to stick with what made him so special. I feel we are going through the same with AG. Sure, hit your threes, hit your mid rangers, pull off an occasional crossover but damn don't try to be what your not...The next Melo or Tmac. It's not you.

I think given Gordon's age, work ethic with results, and team holes (elite go to scorer) I have no problem with him striving for this. If he still can't pull it off by age 25/26 than I'm hopeful management will of given the team that necessary player. I see what your saying and I believe AG should ideally be a 3rd option on a conference contender but until then he's gotta develop without those first go two guys.

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So i don't want it to get overlooked how great Isaac has been.  I bet he starts by the next home game.  

I was so happy watching him play the 3 last night with Aaron :) very impressed, he looks much faster than I remember as well. I think his casual walk and swag is so misleading between live ball situations lol

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I think given Gordon's age, work ethic with results, and team holes (elite go to scorer) I have no problem with him striving for this. If he still can't pull it off by age 25/26 than I'm hopeful management will of given the team that necessary player. I see what your saying and I believe AG should ideally be a 3rd option on a conference contender but until then he's gotta develop without those first go two guys.

From a Jazz fan. Just read this a second ago.

Nobody loved him more than me at the draft, but the Magic tried to turn him into Carmelo when he should have developed into the next Shawn Marion. He has no business shooting stepback mid range jumpers, but that's all he wanted to do tonight. Hopefully he can get out of Orlando without being poisoned too much.

Speaking of poison, Mario has definitely been poisoned by Orlando. He didn't shoot the ball particularly well, but his talent is so obvious. Athletic, strong frame with a beautiful jumper and some ball handling ability. He competes on both ends too. I want him in a Jazz uni so badly.

Yes, let's take advice from opposing fans who watch our team twice per year.

Much like Suns fans who have been informing us that Elfrid is the 2nd coming.