Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
?4thewin

Magic @ thunder

Recommended Posts

JJZFL    107
9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Didn’t watch the game but at least Vogel is giving Hezonja, Iwundu and Vaughn burn. No Speights or Affalo. Wish Birch would get more time.

Our defense is back to being terrible, especially in the paint, with Vuch in and Birch on the bench.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Our defense is back to being terrible, especially in the paint, with Vuch in and Birch on the bench.  

New kind of tanking, play the lineup with the worst defensive stats when it matters most. There was an article about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicfan1987    214
14 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

New kind of tanking, play the lineup with the worst defensive stats when it matters most. There was an article about it!

Jenny knew this all along, he traded for Vuc to be the tank commander, well now he's rank captain on a freaking YACHT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJZFL    107
7 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

New kind of tanking, play the lineup with the worst defensive stats when it matters most. There was an article about it!

I can’t buy that the key to our success for the rest of this season is to play lousy defense with our veterans, and leave any promising young players on the bench so that we can’t see what they might have.  Do I really need to see a lot more of Vuch and Fournier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJZFL    107
2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I think Frank has expanded his lineups to allow for more development (and tanking)

Every starter played at least 32 minutes, and Birch played 0 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon MVP    281
2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I think Frank has expanded his lineups to allow for more development (and tanking)

What illusion were you watching 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon MVP    281
13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't understand what vogels thinking. Thunder are playing grant at center.  You either have to match that by going small or exploit the size matchup.  Vogel goes with neither.

Yup. And I don’t care what anyone says. Vogel isn’t trying to intentionally tank. He’s really lost his mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soul Bro    563
1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yup. And I don’t care what anyone says. Vogel isn’t trying to intentionally tank. He’s really lost his mind. 

I see him playing a mix of starters and vets. Furthermore, he played a 10 man rotation last night and a 12 man rotation against Philly. He absolutely is mixing it up and not die hard going for wins. If you expect him to simply bench all the vets, I think you’ll be disappointed, as it will ruin whatever culture for internal competiveness he’s trying to foster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,750
20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I see him playing a mix of starters and vets. Furthermore, he played a 10 man rotation last night and a 12 man rotation against Philly. He absolutely is mixing it up and not die hard going for wins. If you expect him to simply bench all the vets, I think you’ll be disappointed, as it will ruin whatever culture for internal competiveness he’s trying to foster.

I think he's die hard gong for wins and I'm not sure why you'd think otherwise.  

Maybe because he's playing Vaughn but Vaughn might be better than afflalo anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×