Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Knicks vs Magic Thursday, February 22 @ 7:00 P.M.

I didn’t watch the first half, but Mario was torched in the second half at the guard position. He’s simply not quick enough to play up high on defense.

44 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I didn’t watch the first half, but Mario was torched in the second half at the guard position. He’s simply not quick enough to play up high on defense.

Nah, he's shown enough in the past that he should be able to win a decent number of these matchups.  He took bad steps last night and it took him out of position. 

I think it's time we judge Mario the same way we judge Fournier or Simmons.  He's earned that scrutiny.  

Simmons singlehandedly lost all our mojo in the third quarter alone. Then I stopped watching.

Our defense sucks with Vuc in the middle. It’s as simple as that.

I would put Biyombo and Hezonja back in SL in place of Vuc and Simmons. Period. Problem solved.

30 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

First of all Simmons should be coming off the bench and Mario should be starting 

Agree! Comon sense, right?

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah, he's shown enough in the past that he should be able to win a decent number of these matchups.  He took bad steps last night and it took him out of position. 

I think it's time we judge Mario the same way we judge Fournier or Simmons.  He's earned that scrutiny.  

I mean I don’t see Mario as a guard 

When your starting power forward is on a minutes restriction its pretty stupid to start his backup along side him because you end up in a situation where Mario would have needed to play something like 18 consecutive minutes to start the game.  

I would love to keep Mario but if you knew Mario was leaving for sure would you play him at all? Is management allowed to seek a commitment from him and play him accordingly? Personally I wouldn't play anybody that won't be on the team next season unless I thought they help the tank.