Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Bulls Monday, February 12, 8:00 P.M.

35 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Payton averaged 13 ppg and 6.5 assists on 55% 2 point shooting.  He wasn't traded because he couldn't put up numbers.  He was traded because his offensive profile negatively impacted the geometry of the court making things tougher for the collective and his defense broke down team defense.  

So i don't blink at what Payton does in games that aren't close. 29 points in a 46 point loss don't phase me.  consistent 14 point games in 5 point wins and national people pointing out the little things he does to help the team win is what needs to happen to convince me we shouldn't have traded him.  

You clearly didnt watch the game.  This is why you need to get your head out of stats and breath some fresh air every once and a while.  Your view of Payton is stagnant.

9 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

You clearly didnt watch the game.  This is why you need to get your head out of stats and breath some fresh air every once and a while.  Your view of Payton is stagnant.

You're blind

11 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

You're wrong and it's evident.  

The most interesting thing about your posting history is you're consistently pompous and wrong. You don't know what stats measure but use them confidently anyway.  And when someone provides overwhelming evidence to the contrary you continue to stick with your incorrect point. This isn't even basketball specific.  You did it the other day when someone pointed out a vocabulary error.  

Remember when Murphdog told me then-rookie Jrue Holiday was better than then-recent all-star Jameer Nelson? 

So, for those keeping score: hated 2008-2010 era Nelson, loves 2015-2018 era Payton.  Try making sense of that.

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The most interesting thing about your posting history is you're consistently pompous and wrong. You don't know what stats measure but use them confidently anyway.  And when someone provides overwhelming evidence to the contrary you continue to stick with your incorrect point. This isn't even basketball specific.  You did it the other day when someone pointed out a vocabulary error.  

That isn’t true. I sought clarification of your interpretation of the stats you were using.  I was using those stats here when your were still Beavis to DOM’s Butthead.   I even made a thread detailing what each of the stats meant in metrics and how to (and most importantly how not to) interpret them.   I’m not pompous, I’ve just seen this before here and I find the cycling boring.  In attempt to bring it back around I come across impatient at times.  But, I’m constantly adapting.  Next time people wrongly pick a scapegoat and get him pushed out of town I’ll just sit back and post cat memes or something.

18 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Remember when Murphdog told me then-rookie Jrue Holiday was better than then-recent all-star Jameer Nelson? 

So, for those keeping score: hated 2008-2010 era Nelson, loves 2015-2018 era Payton.  Try making sense of that.

I love Jameer due to his loyalty to the Magic.  That is a terrible example though.  Jrue has been a better player since 2010 and it isn’t close.

• Downvote 1

Came for the misguided Jennings/Holiday views, stayed for the pretentious, arrogant, grandiose self-indulgence.  That was a fun trip down memory lane.  My sense is NOT common lol.

I was almost getting angry there for a minute when I came back and read your drivel today. It appears as though you dont even follow the NBA at all outside of perhaps sportscenter highlights judging by some of your red letter comments.

I didn’t read your post, but…

Its funny that my intelligence gets questioned when some of you guys making the claims are spouting off complete ignorance...

Jennings IS better than Jameer...I would even go so far as to say considerably better-if you think otherwise then you are either a homer or dont watch anything other than magic basketball.

Jrue Holiday(barring being a complete headcase or career ending injury) is atleast a single time allstar, if not more before his career is done. Although I cant take credit for that because I have heard consensus from people with respectable opinions that Jrue Holiday is a surefire talent.

And no offense, but when it comes to basketball, my sense is NOT common...and that is a good thing because most people dont know their *** from their elbow when it comes to basketball here(and most everywhere).

The superiority complex is getting old.  Just have a conversation with people.  It's not a big deal to think your opinions are correct, it's a big deal to think you're infallible.  Disagreements are parts of an online forum -- that's part of the fun.  It's not fun when you consistently become an ass about it despite having a poor track record.  Just accept that you can be wrong occasionally.  ****, I totally wrote off Mario and am eating crow now.

I’m allowed to respond to snark with snark.  You certainly do it all the time.  I regret the last comment in hindsight but that was a terrible conversation all around.