Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Bulls Monday, February 12, 8:00 P.M.

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If he keeps having  20+ games I'm going to go back to being pessimistic about our ability to resign him

He was gone either way.  

2 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

He was gone either way.  

Eh.  Dude averaging 11.8 ppg  for a stretch on 35% three point shooting the money might not be there.  

Not if this keeps up though

It has nothing to do with his averages.  The guy hasn't gotten a chance to do what he does until recently, his pride will take him elsewhere for being held back.  I'm glad he's being a professional and saying the right things though.  

8 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

It has nothing to do with his averages.  The guy hasn't gotten a chance to do what he does until recently, his pride will take him elsewhere for being held back.  I'm glad he's being a professional and saying the right things though.  

I still think money wins out

Payton averaged 13 ppg and 6.5 assists on 55% 2 point shooting.  He wasn't traded because he couldn't put up numbers.  He was traded because his offensive profile negatively impacted the geometry of the court making things tougher for the collective and his defense broke down team defense.  

So i don't blink at what Payton does in games that aren't close. 29 points in a 46 point loss don't phase me.  consistent 14 point games in 5 point wins and national people pointing out the little things he does to help the team win is what needs to happen to convince me we shouldn't have traded him.  

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Payton averaged 13 ppg and 6.5 assists on 55% 2 point shooting.  He wasn't traded because he couldn't put up numbers.  He was traded because his offensive profile negatively impacted the geometry of the court making things tougher for the collective and his defense broke down team defense.  

So i don't blink at what Payton does in games that aren't close. 29 points in a 46 point loss don't phase me.  consistent 14 point games in 5 point wins and national people pointing out the little things he does to help the team win is what needs to happen to convince me we shouldn't have traded him.  

He had 16 points before they rested him in the 1st quarter and Phoenix was winning. Ok. The rest of his team sucks and booker did not play. Thank god we didn’t pick josh Jackson. Did you watch our last game at all? You can’t tell me that our team looks better now without ep. 

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He had 16 points before they rested him in the 1st quarter and Phoenix was winning. Ok. The rest of his team sucks and booker did not play. Thank god we didn’t pick josh Jackson. Did you watch our last game at all? You can’t tell me that our team looks better now without ep. 

The team looks significantly better without ep. 

It feels as we are once again getting into a Travis Diener vs Carlos Arroyo like discussion. 

Payton is putting the numbers like he always do but the Suns remain winless since his addition. It is going to be interesting to see what they are going to do. The have a bunch of talents at the PF/C position with Bender, Chriss and Williams and their future SG/SF in Booker and Jackson. 

They also have 2 first round picks this year. If they think Payton is their future PG they might trade one of the first but most likely they will also pick a very needed PG and let Payton test the market. They are honestly in the same position as we were with him.