Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Bucks @ Magic, Saturday February 10th @ 7:00 P.M.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

They should like Payton. He's significantly better than tyler ulis. That's their reference point. Plus they have a top 20 worst defensive team of all time. Maybe Payton's bad defense actually improves it.  

Weren’t they starting 2 way point guard Mike James when we played them last? Remember when they had Isaiah Thomas, Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe at the same time?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Payton is not a bum. He can look really good at times. Still glad we gave up on him

Please explain why. Did we really need another second round pick?  I really don't get the point. Let him play and if he gets an offer we don't want to match, let him go. I can live without another second round pick that we probably don't use and kick it down to 2030. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Please explain why. Did we really need another second round pick?  I really don't get the point. Let him play and if he gets an offer we don't want to match, let him go. I can live without another second round pick that we probably don't use and kick it down to 2030. 

Second picks are valuable this year. It is an assest on our disposal if ever needed. We can either use and trade our 2 second rounders for a late first rounder if needed. Atlanta have 3 first rounds this year. They might not want to committ too much salary on rookies this year.  Just to give you an example. It doesnt hurt to have that extra Assest. 

Letting Payton go without getting anything back was not really an option since it was clear that managment didnt think highly of him. 

They are a couple of great international players available in the early to mid second round that we can select with that pick.  

This year second round player class seems to be extremely talented

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

We weren't going to resign him for any amount. Hence trading him.  

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

And u know this because we did trade him? Is that your reasoning?

Multiple writers said prior to the deadline that he wouldn't be back next season.  The implication being we were moving on.  

The fact wee traded him for a relatively inconsequential asset is further evidence.  

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Multiple writers said prior to the deadline that he wouldn't be back next season.  The implication being we were moving on.  

The fact wee traded him for a relatively inconsequential asset is further evidence.  

Speculation from opinion pieces on the internet means nothing, though you can imply whatever you want from that I suppose.  It's entirely possible the management felt pressure to make a move and the vocal part of the fanbase wanted Payton gone, then here we are.  Our management overplayed our hand in dealing with NYK, it sounds like we got shafted by PHX.  If Payton turns out good and we let him go for an inconsequential asset that'd be strike two on the current regime (Not picking up Mario first strike).  We are left hoping we can find and develop another point guard through the draft while another team gets one just for a second rounder that's already mostly developed.  Unbelievable how anemic our pg situation is from a franchise level.  

6 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Speculation from opinion pieces on the internet means nothing, though you can imply whatever you want from that I suppose.  It's entirely possible the management felt pressure to make a move and the vocal part of the fanbase wanted Payton gone, then here we are.  Our management overplayed our hand in dealing with NYK, it sounds like we got shafted by PHX.  If Payton turns out good and we let him go for an inconsequential asset that'd be strike two on the current regime (Not picking up Mario first strike).  We are left hoping we can find and develop another point guard through the draft while another team gets one just for a second rounder that's already mostly developed.  Unbelievable how anemic our pg situation is from a franchise level.  

The word you were looking for in that first sentence, second clause, was infer not imply. Also, I think it's just as likely the second rounder turns into something we can at least keep and develop as it is Payton becomes something we regret getting rid of. Unless he becomes a completely different player defensively, he's not worth more than the potential qualifying offer (which doesn't matter, because some team will pay him more than he's worth).

I think we’ve got to give our front office the benefit of the doubt on these moves, perhaps by having this flexibility they believe there are better options out there. I wish EP well, he seemed like a nice person; you can only get what one offers. 

1 hour ago, Justin Jaudon said:

The word you were looking for in that first sentence, second clause, was infer not imply. Also, I think it's just as likely the second rounder turns into something we can at least keep and develop as it is Payton becomes something we regret getting rid of. Unless he becomes a completely different player defensively, he's not worth more than the potential qualifying offer (which doesn't matter, because some team will pay him more than he's worth).

I used the word I was looking for, as it was directed at someone using a conjugation of the word imply.  But thanks for the attempted grammar lesson, it’s really helpful.  If you think a second round pick has as much likelihood of turning out a player of Payton’s caliber then you have bigger issues at hand than your proficiency at the English language.