Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

The Elfrid Payton Appreciation Thread

You had some really great games.  You showed enough to justify your draft pick spot.  You have talent.  It wouldn't surprise me if you were pretty good in a few years.  

Sorry it couldn't happen here but it was just time.  

Always cheered for EP and hoped he would make the jump that would convince us to build the team around him. Sadly we dont have a team filled with shooters that could make it work.

I enjoyed watching Payton when he got aggressive. When he was aggressive, he was probably one of the most fun guys to watch on our team, driving to the basket, running the fast break, taking on opponents with his dribble and bouncing hair. I still see a lot of potential still in him even with all of his faults, and wish him well in the future. Like Oladipo, I will keep an eye on his play and root for him along the way.

I will miss you elf especially as dj walks the ball up the court and then drives the lane to get swatted by whatever player is nearby no matter how short. I wish you would have tied that hair back this year and given yourself a chance to see the rim. Good luck in the future and don't light us up too bad. Thanks for the memories!!

Always thought he was going to make the jump eventually, but it never happened. Hopefully getting traded will give him the fire he needs to improve and find success in the league. At least he’ll get plenty of PT in Phoenix. It was fun while it lasted.

Phoenix is pretty nice too.  My family moved out there so I've gotten to spend some time out there.  Summer is hell but it's kinda awesome you can be in shorts weather in the valley and drive to snow like 90 minutes north.  

He is going to flourish playing next to big guys like Chriss, Bender, Williams and Chandler. It will be interesting how he plays next to Jackson and Booker. He is going to record at least 8-10 assists per game over there. 

Good luck in the future EP. You're a good player who was in a bad situation with few real shooters around you. I hope you do well against everyone except the Magic.

15 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I am glad this is over! We don't deserve a good point guard. 

We haven't had one in 9 years.

• Upvote 1