Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Miami

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

That might result in us losing 4 forest round picks.  

I think we could probably start a go fund me for an aventador or something though

Disney should sign him to a huge sponsorship if he stays. The face of Disney 

still probably against nba rules but- ehhh

I was reading an article that said a lot of teams are already in luxury tax and another chunk are on the edge of it. Luxury tax is apparently far more punitive than in the past and teams aren't readily going over it, especially for a guy like Mario.

It suggested that most teams in the market will only have the taxpayer midlevel exemption to work with at $5.4. And those that aren't in salary hell aren't really ready to contend and might be better off keeping that flexibility until 2019 or 20 when some of the recent huge contracts start coming off the books.

So a 1 + 1 (player option) at $5.2m for Mario might be enough to entice him to stay?

1 minute ago, SlightlyOdway said:

I was reading an article that said a lot of teams are already in luxury tax and another chunk are on the edge of it. Luxury tax is apparently far more punitive than in the past and teams aren't readily going over it, especially for a guy like Mario.

It suggested that most teams in the market will only have the taxpayer midlevel exemption to work with at $5.4. And those that aren't in salary hell aren't really ready to contend and might be better off keeping that flexibility until 2019 or 20 when some of the recent huge contracts start coming off the books.

So a 1 + 1 (player option) at $5.2m for Mario might be enough to entice him to stay?

Nah.  Most teams aren't going to be in the tax