Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Miami

9 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

No.  But the article says 12 teams in the luxury tax.  That's not most.  

The article says 12 teams are projected to be over luxury tax, further, says that another handful (assume 5) could go over the luxury tax to resign their RFA's.

Add that the article assumes at least 3 of the 7 teams with significant cap space arent buyers at this point.

My assertion, based on the assumption the the article is accurate is that not many teams will be offering more than the $5.4m taxpayer midlevel exemption (to any free agent) which is not a great deal more than the $5.2m we can offer.

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We deserve to win this game. Put the tank to rest for 1 day

No only that but is only a few days til the trade dateline. Playing good is essential to create value.

Augustin finished with 16 points on 6-for-11 shooting, making three of his six 3-pointers. He was under control throughout the night and made some big shots throughout the fourth quarter to help the Magic build the lead. He has played like the Magic’s best point guard for some time now.”

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2018/02/05/orlando-magic-grades-orlando-magic-111-miami-heat-109/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

29 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Well... the bucks just traded for Tyler F$&@@ Zeller! No vuch !!! One team down.

Zeller isn’t a starter there might still be a chance

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Augustin finished with 16 points on 6-for-11 shooting, making three of his six 3-pointers. He was under control throughout the night and made some big shots throughout the fourth quarter to help the Magic build the lead. He has played like the Magic’s best point guard for some time now.”

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2018/02/05/orlando-magic-grades-orlando-magic-111-miami-heat-109/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Maybe Indiana was taking notes and now wants to offer us their first for DJ since Collison went down with an injury.

10 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

So what are we gonna do about Mario 

Hopefully he is somehow convinced to stay.  Otherwise no clue.  His improvement over the last couple months has been fantastic.

It was always stupid to not pick up his option, even if you were as low on him as I was.  With that said, I can't help but feel that this franchise is carrying some ancient voodoo curse, because it is unbelievably cruel how he turned it around like right after that decision was made.  Like the universe just has some vendetta against the franchise.

9 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Hopefully he is somehow convinced to stay.  Otherwise no clue.  His improvement over the last couple months has been fantastic.

It was always stupid to not pick up his option, even if you were as low on him as I was.  With that said, I can't help but feel that this franchise is carrying some ancient voodoo curse, because it is unbelievably cruel how he turned it around like right after that decision was made.  Like the universe just has some vendetta against the franchise.

I don’t think it’s unbelivable how quickly he turned it around cause really what happened was he was given consistent minutes due to injury. If the injury bug never hit us, I’m not sure we are even talking about Mario right now. This is a guy who was buried on the bench since Vogel got here. 

What Mario really Needed was a chance to get consistent minutes, make mistakes, but learn from them and not be pulled from the game. It’s sickening we didn’t pick up his option but what’s worse is how we never really gave him a chance to develop after Skiles left. 

He was a young kid living in a different country adjusting to everything the nba involves and I don’t think we handled him properly. I can’t blame him at all for leaving. It’s upsetting because he’s finally become somewhat of the player we thought he could be and he should only get better. 

Magic have no one to blame but themselves. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t think it’s unbelivable how quickly he turned it around cause really what happened was he was given consistent minutes due to injury. If the injury bug never hit us, I’m not sure we are even talking about Mario right now. This is a guy who was buried on the bench since Vogel got here. 

What Mario really Needed was a chance to get consistent minutes, make mistakes, but learn from them and not be pulled from the game. It’s sickening we didn’t pick up his option but what’s worse is how we never really gave him a chance to develop after Skiles left. 

He was a young kid living in a different country adjusting to everything the nba involves and I don’t think we handled him properly. I can’t blame him at all for leaving. It’s upsetting because he’s finally become somewhat of the player we thought he could be and he should only get better. 

Magic have no one to blame but themselves. 

I'm not saying it's unexplainable.  More of a "woe is me" mentality because it seems like that type of **** happens to us all the time now.

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Maybe Indiana was taking notes and now wants to offer us their first for DJ since Collison went down with an injury.

If management is smart DJ will start in the beginning of the season and mentor whichever PG we draft until he is ready to take over. Give Indiana Payton for a 31-59 protected 2nd in 2054

6 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If management is smart DJ will start in the beginning of the season and mentor whichever PG we draft until he is ready to take over. Give Indiana Payton for a 31-59 protected 2nd in 2054

Eh, Payton has been good enough that you don't just give him away.  And you always try to maximize an asset. You never know what a guy will turn into.  Even if you can turn him into someone's 14th man you might then be able to develop that guy and flip him later for something bigger.  Look at what Brooklyn is doing with Joe Harris, dinwiddie, Trevor Booker, zeller.