Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Jackson is 6'11 with a 7'4 reach and is a fantastic rim protector and interior defender. Center. 

Bagley is 6'11 whose best qualities are his interior finishing and great rebounding.  He should thrive as a rim runner. You want to give him room to work on the interior.  That's a center

28 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I still think AG has a very high ceiling and can be that guy. At 22 years old, he’s a more productive player than Paul George at the same age:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01.html

And EP is far more productive than Kyle Lowry was at the same age, you play a dangerous game.  

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Bagley is a 4.  Not familiar enough with Jackson to make a call myself but he is probably a 4 based on everything out there.  Porter is more 4 than 3, though he has versatility there.  Carter, Knox, Williams are all probably in the lotto and are 4's.  Miles Bridges can sneak into the lotto still, he is a 4 albeit undersized.

3 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

And EP is far more productive than Kyle Lowry was at the same age, you play a dangerous game.  

Payton can absolutely turn into a good player down the line. But you'll notice Lowry didn't become Lowry until his third team at 27. We needed to explore other options

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Payton can absolutely turn into a good player down the line. But you'll notice Lowry didn't become Lowry until his third team at 27. We needed to explore other options

Absolutely, the point was the last phrase.  Payton is already a good player fwiw but aside from the point at hand.

Edit: Actually, we didn't NEED to explore other options, we are a bad team regardless of our green PG situation.  Now we are back to a brown PG situation, trotting out backups.  If we draft one again we will be back into the green situation for the rest of the decade at the least.  We punted our chance at having a cost controlled long term pg option entering their prime.  

2 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Bagley is a 4.  Not familiar enough with Jackson to make a call myself but he is probably a 4 based on everything out there.  Porter is more 4 than 3, though he has versatility there.  Carter, Knox, Williams are all probably in the lotto and are 4's.  Miles Bridges can sneak into the lotto still, he is a 4 albeit undersized.

You cant play Bagley with a 5 because they'd occupy the same space on offense.  He's a 5. 

Jackson is a giant interior defender.  He's a 5. 

Porter is a 4

Carter is a 5

I don't have knox in the lotto and I'm not sure he comes out

Williams is exclusively a 5

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

You cant play Bagley with a 5 because they'd occupy the same space on offense.  He's a 5. 

Jackson is a giant interior defender.  He's a 5. 

Porter is a 4

Carter is a 5

I don't have knox in the lotto and I'm not sure he comes out

Williams is exclusively a 5

No

No.  Not mutually exclusive.  

Yes and No.

No.

He's a lotto guy and a 4 whether he comes out this year or not.

No.  

I feel like Jarren Jackson could be the player who continues to climb higher and higher. Wouldn’t be shocked if he ultimately went top 5. 

Is it crazy to like him more then Bagely for us? 

Just now, Murphy13 said:

No

No.  Not mutually exclusive.  

Yes and No.

No.

He's a lotto guy and a 4 whether he comes out this year or not.

No.  

I guess if you want to play bad basketball you can play whoever wherever you want.