1 Simmons

5.8 Isaac

1.6 iwundu

28 Gordon

8.1 #1 pick, falls to 5.9 if its 4th

4.2 for minimum roster holds.  

That's 78.65 million.

With a  projected 108 million cap that gives us 29.35 million in cap room

I had all that plus ~4 million for next year's draft pick, which unless you want to trade for your purposes has to be included.  That brings me to 82 million.  I know where you got the 108 million for the cap but general consensus is that's not going to happen anymore.  They are just expecting the cap to rise by two million next season.  There is little expectation of a rise the following year at this point but things can change.  108 is not realistic, I chose 105 liberally and the numbers were still tight.  

1 minute ago, Murphy13 said:

I had all that plus ~4 million for next year's draft pick, which unless you want to trade for your purposes has to be included.  That brings me to 82 million.  I know where you got the 108 million for the cap but general consensus is that's not going to happen anymore.  They are just expecting the cap to rise by two million next season.  There is little expectation of a rise the following year at this point but things can change.  108 is not realistic, I chose 105 liberally and the numbers were still tight.  

Ok.  Maybe we use that pick to remove Augustin then.  

This entire thought process kinda hinges on us being outside the top 9 next year so maybe it's worth it

14 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I'm not sure why we would do that, a two max-contract team is a team in contention (or should be at least), and would likely be a veteran team-or need veterans to fill out.   We can't just trot out minimum level point guards and expect to win.  But...it's possible to meet your specs by 2019 I suppose.  Plus if we're going to have two max deals on a team in contention we will need value (draft picks). It still seems 2020 would be more reasonable,  that would give time for a point guard we draft (presumably) to have some time to develop, since despite what many think here pg's aren't plug and play (effectively) out of the draft 99/100 times.  I think that's the way we should go at this point if possible, I would love to be in a position to have two (true) max contract players on our squad by 2019.  

If we really want AG long term we need him to sign for a non max contract in order to get another realistic shot at a max player in 2019.  Especially if we seek roster consistency.  

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

This entire thought process kinda hinges on us being outside the top 9 next year so maybe it's worth it

Maybe it's just me but I think DJ's salary is OK for a decent backup PG. I'd like to keep him to mentor our new PG.

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Maybe it's just me but I think DJ's salary is OK for a decent backup PG. I'd like to keep him to mentor our new PG.

yeah, anything in the 5-8 range for an above average 2nd string player is fair from a percentage standpoint

I wonder if we're hypothetically facing a choice between sexton, porter, and bridges how we'll choose. 

You have need vs potential vs floor/fit.

Is need at point guard worth drafting another questionable shooter (not Payton bad but maybe like Westbrook) considering he's on a 25% shooting streak over the last 12 games. 

Is porter worth the gamble if we're drafting outside the top 5? He could be the best player in the draft or out of the league by the end of his rookie contract or both.  

What if bridges is Middleton? Is adding a guy who might end up as a decent mid teens scorer while being a fantastic defender too good to pass up even if he doesn't fill a need? 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I wonder if we're hypothetically facing a choice between sexton, porter, and bridges how we'll choose. 

You have need vs potential vs floor/fit.

Is need at point guard worth drafting another questionable shooter (not Payton bad but maybe like Westbrook) considering he's on a 25% shooting streak over the last 12 games. 

Is porter worth the gamble if we're drafting outside the top 5? He could be the best player in the draft or out of the league by the end of his rookie contract or both.  

What if bridges is Middleton? Is adding a guy who might end up as a decent mid teens scorer while being a fantastic defender too good to pass up even if he doesn't fill a need? 

Who knows? Porter and that back. That's not a good investment.

I don't think any one of those guys gets us out of this dark hole we're in.

I am excited to see our new acquisition C Room. we might do wonders with him. Lets see how management utilize him. 

Getting him with the second rounder for Payton surely doesnt look that bad at all now.

• Like 1

Has someone done the math on how we will end in regards to the draft position if we win 2/3 vs 1/2 vs 1/4 of the remaining games in accordance to the other teams current records?

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Has someone done the math on how we will end in regards to the draft position if we win 2/3 vs 1/2 vs 1/4 of the remaining games in accordance to the other teams current records?

Think about it like this.  Right now there are 8 teams with 17-19 wins and 36-38 losses with the exception of Chicago.  The difference between 1 and 8 might be something like 2 wins as it is currently. And we have a team like New York that is relying on the production of Kanter and Beasley for the rest of the year.  They could potentially fall into the group too.  

We're 6-5 over our past 11 games despite playing 8 playoff teams in those games. We had wins while giving Gordon the offensive freedom to shoot us out of games.  We've won with Gordon not playing. We've won playing Speights biyombo lineups.  We've won with starting power forward Mario hezonja.  We've won by making a  unreasonable amount of threes.  We've won grinding out poor shooting performances.  Maybe we've put something together? 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Think about it like this.  Right now there are 8 teams with 17-19 wins and 36-38 losses with the exception of Chicago.  The difference between 1 and 8 might be something like 2 wins as it is currently. And we have a team like New York that is relying on the production of Kanter and Beasley for the rest of the year.  They could potentially fall into the group too.  

We're 6-5 over our past 11 games despite playing 8 playoff teams in those games. We had wins while giving Gordon the offensive freedom to shoot us out of games.  We've won with Gordon not playing. We've won playing Speights biyombo lineups.  We've won with starting power forward Mario hezonja.  We've won by making a  unreasonable amount of threes.  We've won grinding out poor shooting performances.  Maybe we've put something together? 

That pick might end up becoming nothing more than a bench player.