Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

6 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

It would be bad in the sense that there is go-to guy potential in this draft and we would be adding another support piece. Basically the same situation as last year. 

He is going to end up in Philly or Boston with that Lakers pick where he can just hit 3s and terrorize people on D because that is all they need now. 

Yeah. I just came to the realization that he's center isaac.  Multipositional defender.  Can play out of traditional position due to athleticism and spacing.  Elite defensive impact. Advanced stat darling.  Limited minutes due to a flaw (fouling). Probably some gm says he's worth a look at number one.  

16 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Well the good news is if we are in 4-7 range then Young and Bamba become more realistic.  

Yeah. If someone's a big fan of young they should hope for the fourth pick.  Less pressure on the gm to make the right move.  Easier to take a risk.  Because if its close they're going to go with the safer pick every time at #1.  

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yeah. If someone's a big fan of young they should hope for the fourth pick.  Less pressure on the gm to make the right move.  Easier to take a risk.  Because if its close they're going to go with the safer pick every time at #1.  

In that sense Doncic fits as well.  Even taking Porter at 4 is nice because its a flier that you couldn't justify due to sss and injury in the top 3.  Really 4 is a nice spot, not as nice as #1 but more enviable today than 3.  

If anybody has watched young play as I have multiple times.

YOU CANNOT PASS UP ON HIM!!!  

Just he has that IT factor. has a great feel. Ridiculous range, curryesque speed on his release. You have to take the chance that it transfers to the NBA. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Because every projection algorithm has us finishing outside the top 2 and we have multiple players coming back from injury. 

And we might trade Payton

:'(

53 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If anybody has watched young play as I have multiple times.

YOU CANNOT PASS UP ON HIM!!!  

Just he has that IT factor. has a great feel. Ridiculous range, curryesque speed on his release. You have to take the chance that it transfers to the NBA. 

I couldn't agree more, I've watched him many times and every time I'm impressed. He's getting better throughout the year as well and he's played great against NBA level length and athletes. Last night he dropped 30 on West Virginia who has the leading defense point guard (as senior) in the nation, while being sick. 

5 hours ago, The Boss said:

I tend to agree. Fully healthy we aren't THAT bad, we're not great but we aren't in the bottom couple teams. We went on a good run early with Ross shooting like garbage. If you add Isaac, Vuc and Ross and get rid of Payton we are far from worst. Ross and Isaac aren't back any time soon though so we might end up with a bottom 3 record, still don't think we'll be bottom though.

I agree, sans Payton I wouldn't mind running this team back with our high lottery pick, hopefully Young

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Great. 4-7. 

It was/is inevitable. We don’t tank right, never have, and that’s why we are where we are still. Well, one of many reasons. 

3 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

In that sense Doncic fits as well.  Even taking Porter at 4 is nice because its a flier that you couldn't justify due to sss and injury in the top 3.  Really 4 is a nice spot, not as nice as #1 but more enviable today than 3.  

You can't sanely take a guy coming off back surgery with a lotto pick no matter how good he was when there are so many great prospects that are physically fit. You would have to be totally clueless about back surgeries to take that risk. He may end up being great but odds are he will be Grant Hill during the Magic years.

Whoever we get I'm sure will be great but if we don't remove some of the garbage we have we will still stink.

30 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I agree, sans Payton I wouldn't mind running this team back with our high lottery pick, hopefully Young

I would like to get rid of Vuc too and give his minutes to Birch. If we don't change our defense in the paint we are still a layup drill, especially if we get Young who is not very good on D.