Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

The only teams with a big man as their best player are; New York, Philly, Clippers? (as of right now but Jordan on the way out), Pistons, Pels, Heat?, Nuggets, Jazz? (Mitchell already close to being better).

KD and Giannis aren't 'big' men. That's used to describe centers or PFs that are dominant low post players or anchors on defence.

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

why's that

Because every projection algorithm has us finishing outside the top 2 and we have multiple players coming back from injury. 

And we might trade Payton

3 hours ago, The Boss said:

The only teams with a big man as their best player are; New York, Philly, Clippers? (as of right now but Jordan on the way out), Pistons, Pels, Heat?, Nuggets, Jazz? (Mitchell already close to being better).

KD and Giannis aren't 'big' men. That's used to describe centers or PFs that are dominant low post players or anchors on defence.

They are 7 feet tall, come on.  That’s a big by any definition, your description of a big fits them anyhow .  Plus, the comment was about what’s coming, not what’s now anyway.  You forgot several teams in your list as well.  You already listed a third of the league..

31 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Because every projection algorithm has us finishing outside the top 2 and we have multiple players coming back from injury. 

And we might trade Payton

Yep. If we trade Payton and get healthy there’s no way we’re the worst team in the league. 

6 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Gimme some Isaac-JJJ action

I feel like that'd be a bad prize for this crappy season but I'm not really sure about it.  He might be one of those guys who is a much better pro then college guy and i think he might be the youngest guy in the draft.  

Or he might be Brandon Wright.  

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I feel like that'd be a bad prize for this crappy season but I'm not really sure about it.  He might be one of those guys who is a much better pro then college guy and i think he might be the youngest guy in the draft.  

Or he might be Brandon Wright.  

It would be bad in the sense that there is go-to guy potential in this draft and we would be adding another support piece. Basically the same situation as last year. 

He is going to end up in Philly or Boston with that Lakers pick where he can just hit 3s and terrorize people on D because that is all they need now. 

I tend to agree. Fully healthy we aren't THAT bad, we're not great but we aren't in the bottom couple teams. We went on a good run early with Ross shooting like garbage. If you add Isaac, Vuc and Ross and get rid of Payton we are far from worst. Ross and Isaac aren't back any time soon though so we might end up with a bottom 3 record, still don't think we'll be bottom though.