Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

5 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I wonder if he's more a product of a post curry culture.  Where fastbreak threes and deep shots are becoming normalized and he's benefiting more from pace/ usage than players in the past

Dan Le Batard talked a bit about this today. He said the NBA is just now catching on to Curry and that type of basketball and College bball still has no idea what to do with it. It's an interesting take. 

12 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Ayton doesn't strike you as a taller Al Jefferson?

No.   Ayton is nothing like Al Jefferson.  He's like David Robinson size with modern athleticism that can shoot.  The potential there is generational, forget all-star caliber/max contract colloquialisms.  That doesn't mean he pans out, but he has more going for him than anyone in the draft.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

No.   Ayton is nothing like Al Jefferson.  He's like David Robinson size with modern athleticism that can shoot.  The potential there is generational, forget all-star caliber/max contract colloquialisms.  That doesn't mean he pans out, but he has more going for him than anyone in the draft.  

Yes, this. Thank you. People sleeping on Ayton way to much on here. We’d be absolutely incredibly fortunate to even be in a position to draft him. He’s by far the best prospect in this draft and will easily go number 1. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yes, this. Thank you. People sleeping on Ayton way to much on here. We’d be absolutely incredibly fortunate to even be in a position to draft him. He’s by far the best prospect in this draft and will easily go number 1. 

Eh. I don't think he's a definite world beater like Davis but he's probably like a marginally worse towns.  

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

Eh. I don't think he's a definite world beater like Davis but he's probably like a marginally worse towns.  

Would you take Ayton or Young? 

(Which is funny to ask that because really we should be debating Ayton/Bagley/Doncic but people are understabdly infatuated with Young) 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

(Which is funny to ask that because really we should be debating Ayton/Bagley/Doncic but people are understabdly infatuated with Young) 

Ayton today

Young could definitely be worth it after workouts though

15 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I know you didn't ask me, but I don't understand why that would even be a question other than for academic purposes.  Young's ceiling in the draft might be 3, but probably 4 if Doncic is what people think he is.  You're comparing completely different tiers of players.  

10 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I know you didn't ask me, but I don't understand why that would even be a question other than for academic purposes.  Young's ceiling in the draft might be 3, but probably 4 if Doncic is what people think he is.  You're comparing completely different tiers of players.  

There really is some incredible talent at the top of this draft. I'd love to have all of them. If Ayton, Bagley. Doncic, and Young all play up to their potential it will be very hard to pic a ROY