Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

How could you not like his offense. The release of Steph the vision and passing of Nash and the handles of Ai.

Ok that was my Catalina moment for y’all 

And the looks of Tony Parker.

Trae Young is a point guard god.

I don't understand the Shai hate. 

He's a 19 year old who improved exponentially over the course of the season which could be an indication of a considerably high ceiling (i.e. major college development program unlocked something that he wasn't getting in high school). He peaked at the end of the year when games mattered most and opponents were better. He fits our philosophy and fills a need. He could easily be the 6th best player in this draft. 

I like Sexton better but like I said 100 days ago Shai performed well enough in March to vault himself from the late teens to the late lotto and he's a good workout and good interviews to move up to where we pick. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's a 19 year old who improved exponentially over the course of the season which could be an indication of a considerably high ceiling (i.e. major college development program unlocked something that he wasn't getting in high school). He peaked at the end of the year when games mattered most and opponents were better. He fits our philosophy and fills a need. He could easily be the 6th best player in this draft. 

I like Sexton better but like I said 100 days ago Shai performed well enough in March to vault himself from the late teens to the late lotto and he's a good workout and good interviews to move up to where we pick. 

He doesn’t shoot from outside enough and his jumpshot needs fixing. We may as well of kept Elf if we draft him. 

1 hour ago, Mack1085 said:

The reporting says there are mixed reports out of Orlando. Don’t trust the news about who we like at 6. They aren’t letting anything out. The only intel that could be legit is if it’s about a trade since other front offices are involved. 

They are getting intel from this board. ?forthewin mentioned it was Shai or Carter for #6 earlier this week.

3 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

They are getting intel from this board. ?forthewin mentioned it was Shai or Carter for #6 earlier this week.

My gut instinct is Trae and only JJJ or Bamba over him if we stay at 6.  If we go rogue it will be MPJ 

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean, I don't hate it... I'm just not excited about it.  Like yeah, maybe rate of improvement is a significant factor, but maybe it isn't.  By your own admission, you just started considering that factor the other day.  So idk what to think of him.

My main issue with it, which admittedly is significantly impacted by "wanting more" after that handful of credible sources confirmed we're trying hard to move up to 3 or 4, is that if we pick Shai that's the pick.  No one is calling us for trades.  No chance of ATL or MEM getting cold feet after the fact and getting us on the phone to trade for Shai.  If we pick Trae, we roll the dice on his ceiling but also might luck into ATL ultimately deciding they need him and calling us to facilitate a deal.  IDK, maybe bad reasoning.  But I'm so pro trading up now that I know it's a possibility.

I wonder if SGA is now rumoured as our choice because we’re looking to attract offers? Supposedly Toronto, Charlotte and other lower teams are hot for him. 

28 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

People hate him because he wasn’t mocked to us the past 6 months and he’s not named Trae Young. 

Theres no other reason to be mad at drafting him. His measurements are insane. His game is good. He improved a lot as a 19 year old. I have no issue with swinging big on him at 6. 

All the reasons why I never thought our management would draft Young are all the same reasons why them drafting Shai makes perfect sense. 

6 minutes ago, Magician09 said:

I wonder if SGA is now rumoured as our choice because we’re looking to attract offers? Supposedly Toronto, Charlotte and other lower teams are hot for him. 

As far as we know our FO has been silent and vague about workouts and interviews.  Makes me think pundits getting info from other sources which may be a reach or not.  I will be surprised at nothing tonight.  Hoping for some solid contributors.