Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

And a big L

alabama was rated 25 earlier in the season and has a much better squad than Oklahoma.  swap guards and alabama is a top 5 team

7 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I actually liked Sexton better in the game today.  I'm not sold on Young, he's tiny and can get overwhelmed physically.  

The reason I think he was getting overwhelmed is because there is not much talent around him. That would change in the NBA. I’d like to think he’d get a lot more space as he wouldn’t be the only player teams need to worry about. Some of his passing today was pretty amazing but the players around him couldn’t finish 

6 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

alabama was rated 25 earlier in the season and has a much better squad than Oklahoma.  swap guards and alabama is a top 5 team

Agreed Sexton has a much better team around him

Just now, WarDamnMagic said:

The reason I think he was getting overwhelmed is because there is not much talent around him. That would change in the NBA. I’d like to think he’d get a lot more space as he wouldn’t be the only player teams need to worry about. Some of his passing today was pretty amazing but the players around him couldn’t finish 

This^ he has a very poor team around him so it's easy to double and even triple team him. His vision and passing are off the charts. If he goes to a team with finishers and shooters, they will not be able to guard him like this. Sexton I see as a 2 not a 1. A very good player and I wouldn't mind him at all. But I would not pick him over trae. If our roster looks similar to the way it is now. 

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Sexton I see as a 2 not a 1

Its 2018. We've had this same argument over and over and over.  A scoring point guard is still a point guard

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not sure how Sexton will be significantly better than Payton (who's not a bad player, just doesn't help us in many ways)

Defense, attitude

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not sure how Sexton will be significantly better than Payton (who's not a bad player, just doesn't help us in many ways)

Because Sexton is an astronomically better shooter then Payton was in college and projects to actually play defense most of the game and not 5 minute spurts.

I do worry about him being a score first guy on a team full wings/bigs who cant pass and are way more efficient having their shots set up then forcing the issue. 

2 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Because Sexton is an astronomically better shooter then Payton was in college and projects to actually play defense most of the game and not 5 minute spurts.

I do worry about him being a score first guy on a team full wings/bigs who cant pass and are way more efficient having their shots set up then forcing the issue. 

Payton was DPOY in college though

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Payton was DPOY in college though

Hence "projects"

Maybe Sexton does, maybe he doesnt. But we know what Payton looks like at that end.