Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I feel like so much of draft analysis is hyper focused on one specific criteria as a template for value when it's really just every bit of data focused through the lens of context. 

So many analytic guys are being incredibly condescending about Ayton as if you couldn't imagine a giant who moves the way he moves with his level of production being an incredible NBA player. 

Same deal with Jackson and the "production" guys. 

"Sexton had a crappy BPM". Cool. So did Jaylen Brown, Kawhi, Beal, Lillard, Brandon Ingram, Middleton. 

I still think the best thing for us to do, if possible, would be to trade down. I feel like, with the players likely available at 6, I will be disappointed no matter who we pick. Thankfully, I am not the one making the selection.

1 minute ago, Odin said:

I still think the best thing for us to do, if possible, would be to trade down. I feel like, with the players likely available at 6, I will be disappointed no matter who we pick. Thankfully, I am not the one making the selection.

Who do you want?

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

SGA at 6?! Think I'd be pretty pissed.

Why? He's super young. Extremely productive at the end of the season. Fits our overall team philosophy. Good kid. 

Because draft guys had him at 14 two weeks ago? Who cares? Toronto is moving up for him. Rumors Cleveland likes him at 8. Can't really move down and get him. If he's our guy he's our guy. Not like we're picking Robert Williams (i.e. a guy who's development slowed and is what he is by now). 

BTW I'm thinking of locking this early tomorrow morning and starting a draft day specific topic so everyone knows where to start to catch up. What do you think?

• Upvote 2

Just now, ?4thewin said:

BTW I'm thinking of locking this early tomorrow morning and starting a draft day specific topic so everyone knows where to start to catch up. What do you think?

Seems smart. Easier to parse through what everyone is saying.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

It would be a good idea, this thread is too long