Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

theres the hope that some believe that the tides will turn back with embiid Kat Davis and these new bigs. Man I hope Young falls to us and we get him

I am not too worried about it since Hawks want Luka at #3 and there is other teams that do not need a point guard in the top 5 so Young will easily fall to our Magic 

16 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Could Jackson actually fall? If he and Bamba are curving the Grizz, the should definitely trade down, shed Parson's contract, and pick Carter. 

He's not falling, he wasn't top 5 to begin with. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

theres the hope that some believe that the tides will turn back with embiid Kat Davis and these new bigs. Man I hope Young falls to us and we get him

It wouldn’t be falling. Him being available at 6, which he will be, isn’t falling. 

4 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I am not too worried about it since Hawks want Luka at #3 and there is other teams that do not need a point guard in the top 5 so Young will easily fall to our Magic 

That's true but mean am I nervous. I'm sure the Magic see the risk/gain of drafting Young. Man we'd be relevant over night and so much more exciting. He'd put everyone in their roles and Clifford would get so much out of him. We'd really start to turn things around.

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

That's true but mean am I nervous. I'm sure the Magic see the risk/gain of drafting Young. Man we'd be relevant over night and so much more exciting. He'd put everyone in their roles and Clifford would get so much out of him. We'd really start to turn things around.

If Magic pass on Trae, I am going to be pissed, I am a Sooner fan and would love Trae on our Magic! 

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Lmao

Just now, MagicFan1234 said:

If Magic pass on Trae, I am going to be pissed, I am a Sooner fan and would love Trae on our Magic! 

He's the superstar our Magic needs but probably doesn't deserve. If we pass on him I'll be very upset and really question the desire of this front office to build a championship quality team or are they happy to he a middle of the pack playoff team because so far that's all they've been able to build. Hopefully they're drafting with grit and choose Trae

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Really starting to think he is not there at number 6. It's been too many years in this new era. I cannot believe so m any teams are going to draft centers. They haven't been relevant for almost a decade.

I see your point, but these aren't the traditional, back-to-the-basket, over-power-you centers of the past. The Ewing, Shaq, Dwight, type of "power" center is mostly gone. Hakeem Olajuwan, Yao Ming and Tim Duncan sort of started that move to pull the centers farther out from the basket, and the Gasols and others have continued that trend. Ayton, JJJ, Bamba are much more this era of PF/C. They are more like the Rashard Lewis, Dirk Nowitski, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, mold. The tall athletic, combo SF/PF/C that has become this era's mold for the center. 

23 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

We're all gonna look so stupid when Trae Young proves to be the best player in  the draft. He's tailer made for this NBA.

How did you come to this conclusion in your second sentence?

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Lmao

I know it may sound funny but the kid is special HeHateMe. very special. once in a  generation special and better than a lot of the players we applaud now at the same age. He's so far out man a real shooting staaaaar