Jump to content
Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

ML6    243

It is going to be so interesting to see what happens with Young because it is going to seem so obvious in hindsight.

If he's a superstar, it'll be: "Of course he's amazing! You can't put up stats we've never seen before with those physical limitations unless you're a prodigy! He did it as a freshman too.  With the way the league has trended toward outside shooting, he was the obvious first pick."

If he's disappointing: "Well I mean they should've seen this coming.  A small dude like that with no athletic advantage?  He put up a bunch of empty stats on a team without great prospects because he was allowed to do whatever he wanted."

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,728
44 minutes ago, ML6 said:

It is going to be so interesting to see what happens with Young because it is going to seem so obvious in hindsight.

If he's a superstar, it'll be: "Of course he's amazing! You can't put up stats we've never seen before with those physical limitations unless you're a prodigy! He did it as a freshman too.  With the way the league has trended toward outside shooting, he was the obvious first pick."

If he's disappointing: "Well I mean they should've seen this coming.  A small dude like that with no athletic advantage?  He put up a bunch of empty stats on a team without great prospects because he was allowed to do whatever he wanted."

Yup.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soul Bro    562

Givony has us picking Bagley at 4 in his latest mock. Has Young dropping to 7.

”Although there are some positional concerns regarding Bagley and his fit in the modern NBA, at some point his talent level and sheer production are likely too great to pass on. 

Although the Magic could very well be in the market for a point guard, there are still question marks about whether Trae Young is worthy of being picked this high. Bagley is likely best suited for the center spot, and his scoring instincts, rebounding prowess and athleticism would make for an interesting fit alongside Aaron Gordon and Jonathan Isaac.”

http://www.espn.com/nba/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    249

Been thinking about this. Hypothetically SA is listening to teams calling about Kawhi.

We offer a combo of AG and Vuch or AG and Evan with fillers (maybe Mario? EP?) for Kawhi. We let him rehab for however long it takes. We draft Trae assuming he shows in workouts he's legit. Is that a good direction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicman28    249
1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Givony has us picking Bagley at 4 in his latest mock. Has Young dropping to 7.

”Although there are some positional concerns regarding Bagley and his fit in the modern NBA, at some point his talent level and sheer production are likely too great to pass on. 

Although the Magic could very well be in the market for a point guard, there are still question marks about whether Trae Young is worthy of being picked this high. Bagley is likely best suited for the center spot, and his scoring instincts, rebounding prowess and athleticism would make for an interesting fit alongside Aaron Gordon and Jonathan Isaac.”

http://www.espn.com/nba/

I can see us going big but our PG spot is such an issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tank Vogel    145

Bagley would be great if we just completely give up on ever protecting the rim.

Id rather trade down and grab Sexton or JJJ in that scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tank Vogel    145
1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Been thinking about this. Hypothetically SA is listening to teams calling about Kawhi.

We offer a combo of AG and Vuch or AG and Evan with fillers (maybe Mario? EP?) for Kawhi. We let him rehab for however long it takes. We draft Trae assuming he shows in workouts he's legit. Is that a good direction?

0 chance you get him without the 1st as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soul Bro    562
5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Been thinking about this. Hypothetically SA is listening to teams calling about Kawhi.

We offer a combo of AG and Vuch or AG and Evan with fillers (maybe Mario? EP?) for Kawhi. We let him rehab for however long it takes. We draft Trae assuming he shows in workouts he's legit. Is that a good direction?

I think it’d take Evan, Aaron and three first round picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,728
27 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think it’d take Evan, Aaron and three first round picks. 

If you look historically nobody gets that.  We wouldn't even need to attach Gordon.  

Deron Williams got favors, Harris, and two future firsts.  They didn't need to include brook Lopez in the deal.  

Carmelo got basically gallo, Chandler, Felton and two picks with a bunch of other moving pieces.  It didn't take amare to get him.  

Love returned Wiggins Bennett and a future pick pretty much.  

Mcgrady returned cato Francis and mobly. 

Paul got aminu, Gordon,  kaman and a first.  

Leonard would cost isaac, Simmons, Fournier or vucevic or someone else for salary purposes if they  dont want those guys and our 2018 unprotected pick and a 2020 unprotected pick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Leonard would cost isaac, Simmons, Fournier or vucevic or someone else for salary purposes if they  dont want those guys and our 2018 unprotected pick and a 2020 unprotected pick 

Not sure what the point of trading for him would be then.  He would just be a one year rental since he has a player option for 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×