Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I would hate to be the GM this year. I am so conflicted about who to pick Young or Sexton. I feel like Young has a lot of star potential and I would love to have his offensive and passing skill set but I would be pissed if Sexton becomes the next Donovan Mitchell. I didn't watch a whole lot of college basketball so please someone who watched these guys play a lot answer a couple of questions for me.

1. Is Trae Young really that bad of a defender?

2. Is Colin Sexton's shot broken? 

Sexton is a lot like Dipo but a whole lot more developed at his age. Similar strengths and flaws. If we selected him, we’d have a very clear identity.

4 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I would hate to be the GM this year. I am so conflicted about who to pick Young or Sexton. I feel like Young has a lot of star potential and I would love to have his offensive and passing skill set but I would be pissed if Sexton becomes the next Donovan Mitchell. I didn't watch a whole lot of college basketball so please someone who watched these guys play a lot answer a couple of questions for me.

1. Yes but the dude had a 37% usage rate on offense. I’m sure he was exhausted. I think he can improve.

2. Not at all. His shot looks fine but just needs to be more consistent.

His shot isn’t broke. It’s not atrocious or even comparable to Payton’s. He needs to improve shooting and shot selection but there’s potential in his jumper. 

8 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

Yes

No. 

The main flaw in Sexton is he's not great as a distributor. It's not a death sentence because there's a ton of poor distributor freshmen point guards but that's where he's going to fail if he does. 

2 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Meh I still think Sac take Luka anyway

He will fail in Sacramento. I just don't see him playing well alongside  Fox and Hield. Not to mention Jackson. He will be ideal next to Bogdanovic and Mason but not enough minutes to play all of them together. 

I think Sacramento go for a Center that they can pair with Cauley-Stein. 

9 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Meh I still think Sac take Luka anyway

I would be shocked if they did solely because of how much Divac said he wasn't interested. In the Lowe Post podcast, Zach was saying how it would be such a good troll if they picked Luka after all the flak they gave him.