Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If our new coach was banging the drum for Mitchell over Monk last year, I could see him pining for Sexton over Young this year. And given that our management just hired the guy, I would think everyone would see eye-to-eye. 

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If our new coach was banging the drum for Mitchell over Monk last year, I could see him pining for Sexton over Young this year. And given that our management just hired the guy, I would think everyone would see eye-to-eye. 

I hope Clifford loses again. Lol

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I like Trae Young's shooting and passing but the intensity that Sexton brings on both ends of the floor might be more what we need. I've heard him being described as DSJ on steroids and I like DSJ. Do if management likes Sexton dow we trade back with the Clips for their picks and take a chance that he's still there or grab SGA if he's not? Getting one of those 2 plus a center at 12 & 13 would be a great haul :D

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I like Trae Young's shooting and passing but the intensity that Sexton brings on both ends of the floor might be more what we need. I've heard him being described as DSJ on steroids and I like DSJ. Do if management likes Sexton dow we trade back with the Clips for their picks and take a chance that he's still there or grab SGA if he's not? Getting one of those 2 plus a center at 12 & 13 would be a great haul :D

I don't think Sexton or SGA will be there at 12/13. There's a good chance SGA goes just before to the Hornets imo.

2 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Oh please! If Luka ends up being a bust, he is going to look stupid after saying that stupid statement

he literally has 0% bust potentially unless he gets hurt. He's already played against NBA teams

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Young is a regular season basketball mvp type player. Sexton is a NBA finals MVP type basketball player, can't deny his physicality and drive. 

Lol 

Young an MVP of the regular season? 

I think I get what you’re trying to say so I’m not taking the comment literally. Basically Young will put up stats but they won’t equate to wins. Sexton can help a team win in the playoffs. I get it and agree with that. 

Ive always said I don’t see this FO drafting young I really don’t. I’m not sure the difference between Shai and Sexton is worth 5-7 draft spots though. I like Sexton but I can’t help but feel like I’d rather trade down to get another pick and just take Shai. I mean I won’t be mad with Sexton at 6 I just don’t think it’s great value. 

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

think I get what you’re trying to say so I’m not taking the comment literally. Basically Young will put up stats but they won’t equate to wins. Sexton can help a team win in the playoffs. I get it and agree with that. 

yes I was just trying to establish the lens through which to view them, not guessing their outcome per say

20 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

I don't think Sexton or SGA will be there at 12/13. There's a good chance SGA goes just before to the Hornets imo.

That's kind of why I'm ok drafting Sexton at 6. 

He should probably go 8 or 9 but if you say "he's our guy" why ***** around?

Not maximising the asset is like a C pick, not a D- pick. 

• Upvote 1