Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

This is utter nonsense. Euroleague is easily the no 2 league in the world but it's best teams are still light years behind the NBA's worst teams.

I'd usually agree  but this Real Madrid team is a step above any other Euroleague team. That's why they're able to win their competitions comfortably.

And players like Marquese Chriss are still pretty clueless about basketball.

Doncic would be the best player right away in either Orlando, Atlanta or Phoenix, and while Sergio Llull doesn't have the athleticism of a Devin Booker, his knowledge of the game and clutch factor are very very high.

Maybe Real wouldn't win, but you think Orlando, Atlanta or Phoenix would just smoke Real?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

The benefits:

Go to scorer

All Star

"Name brand" guy to help team image both for fans and future free agents

Really opens up cap room for next summer. We'd have true max free agent room. 

Probably good enough to reach the second round.

Negatives:

Dude is about to turn 29. Probably has played his best basketball and only a year or two left of peak performance. 

Killing long term value for short term gain. Especially if you don't capitalize on cap room again. 

I'm conflicted.

We are still in the lottery with Derozan here. Hard Pass!

Doncic is literally the only player on real Madrid that would start on the magic. 

Sacramento has last year's all-Europe player of the year as a starter. 

Maybe the super injured Memphis team would lose. But if we're assuming health and effort no way. 

Kinda OT: 
Listening to Lowe Post podcast, with Givony, couple interesting things:

1. Clifford was pounding the table for Hornets to take Mitchell last draft and he was overruled. They took Monk. Glad to have him here, lol.

2. Bagley wants to go to Sacramento. Not because of the team but for the mental notion that if he doesn't go #1, at least he went #2.

3. Givony says Mem taking Doncic at 4 is not a done deal. Could maybe he him falling to 5.

4. Some teams could see Young as the 3rd PG off the board and potentially available in the teens. Givony says he sees Hawks making a run for him if he's still there. He won't go there #3. Also says some talks of Hawks trading with Clippers for 1 of their picks.

5. Hawks are trying to be bad and won't sacrifice future just to move bad money. Unlikey they move #3.

6. Magic talk, around 30:00: teams around the league are split on forecasting what Magic do. Some think they HAVE to go guard (Sexton, Trae, or SGA) and other think they go BPA (Porter or Carter). With how quiet the coaching search went, teams are really in the dark with our plans.

7. They say with Carter, Vuc entering final year, and Lowe says "Vuc won't be on the roster." Biz isn't part of the future and Isaac and Gordon can't play center, so Orl will need a center for the future.

8. Young had poor workout with Knicks and they'd likely pass on him. They'd go Knox or Sexton over Young.

9. Next year's draft is weak on big men. ***(If Vuc and Biz aren't part of the future, and next year is weak on bigs, I see why big may be the focus at 6. And as Weltman always says, they're planning for 2 years down the road.)***

10. No one believes Vlade will take Luka. He's made it known for months that he's not high on Luka.

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'd usually agree  but this Real Madrid team is a step above any other Euroleague team. That's why they're able to win their competitions comfortably.

Doncic would be the best player right away in either Orlando, Atlanta or Phoenix, and while Sergio Llull doesn't have the athleticism of a Devin Booker, his knowledge of the game and clutch factor are very very high.

Maybe Real wouldn't win, but you think Orlando, Atlanta or Phoenix would just smoke Real?

Yes, they would be fairly routine series wins for all 3 NBA teams. Aside from Doncic who I think is by far and away the best player in this years draft they have no other starting caliber NBA players in their team.

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I don't think doncic would be our best player right away. He's good but he's going to need some time to adjust. 

You're too close to the situation. Iberian bias

1 minute ago, Nyce_1 said:

Givony says Mem taking Doncic at 4 is not a done deal. Could maybe he him falling to 5. ***(WTF.....if this happens, FU Vogel.)***

What did Vogel do?

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I don't think doncic would be our best player right away. He's good but he's going to need some time to adjust. 

You're too close to the situation. Iberian bias

I've always had an irrational appreciation of Rudy Fernandez. Sergio Llull is really f'n good, though

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What did Vogel do?

Forgot to remove that.my initial thought was him winning the last game but I remembered they did all they could to tank. Wash just sucked bad.

5 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Forgot to remove that.my initial thought was him winning the last game but I remembered they did all they could to tank. Wash just sucked bad.

Wash wanted Toronto. Weird but they did. 

8. Young had poor workout with Knicks and they'd likely pass on him. They'd go Knox or Sexton over Young.

I doubt it, if Young is there at #9, Knicks will still draft Young even with a poor workout since they love Young

5 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I doubt it, if Young is there at #9, Knicks will still draft Young even with a poor workout since they love Young

I have Young going to the Knicks on my board. I think Sexton goes one before him to the Cavs.

• Upvote 1