Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

The benefits:

Go to scorer

All Star

"Name brand" guy to help team image both for fans and future free agents

Really opens up cap room for next summer. We'd have true max free agent room. 

Probably good enough to reach the second round.

Negatives:

Dude is about to turn 29. Probably has played his best basketball and only a year or two left of peak performance. 

Killing long term value for short term gain. Especially if you don't capitalize on cap room again. 

I'm conflicted.

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

So if Spurs are serious about not trading Leonard to a Western team who in the East would everyone project Leonard to go to.   I predict Philly or Boston?

Celtics or Cavaliers 

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The benefits:

Go to scorer

All Star

Negatives:

Dude is about to turn 29. Probably has played his best basketball and only a year or two left of peak performance. 

Killing long term value for short term gain. Especially if you don't capitalize on cap room again. 

I'm conflicted.

What can the Magic expect in return if they tried to immediately flip DeRozan to get back into the lottery?  Essentially, a trade down that sheds salary instead of future draft assets?

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

What can the Magic expect in return if they tried to immediately flip DeRozan to get back into the lottery?  Essentially, a trade down that sheds salary instead of future draft assets?

Oh that's fascinating but we'd need to get salary back for DeRozan and I'm not sure there's actual value there if we need to take money back. 

Also I'm pretty sure if, like, Charlotte wanted DeRozan and offered the 10th pick Toronto would just do that deal

3 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not know why you all want Luka, he said that anyone who pass him will be making a mistake, he seems like a douchebag 

Lol. Really? Come on man

1 hour ago, Malik Buttface said:

Payton was probably a bad comparison. Not sold on his play-making abilities along with making the players around him better. That's a part of his game that I want to see more of to be convinced.

Pat Beverley without a shot, but more athletic?

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

The benefits:

Go to scorer

All Star

Negatives:

I'm conflicted.

29 kills it for me.

6 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not know why you all want Luka, he said that anyone who pass him will be making a mistake, he seems like a douchebag 

Let's just put it this way: Real Madrid is better than some teams in the NBA. Phoenix, Orlando, Atlanta etc. would all lose a 7 game series to Real Madrid and Doncic is the clear leader and best player of that team.

I'm intrigued by Trae Young's ceiling even more, but Doncic's floor is reeeeeaally high and he could become a James Harden type of MVP candidate

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

The benefits:

Go to scorer

All Star

Negatives:

I'm conflicted.

I don’t know if you could pick an all-star that I care less about. And I mean that in an I am almost completely ambivalent to him either way. I’d say no because I don’t think he fits into our timeline and I don’t know if he improves us that substantially- but I could be wrong.