Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

He just screams Payton 2.0 to you because of his hair, come on, really?

Payton wishes he was half the athlete  Sexton is. Also Sexton just has a much better mentality snd shows potential with his shot. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Payton wishes he was half the athlete  Sexton is. Also Sexton just has a much better mentality snd shows potential with his shot. 

I agree with you, I do not mind Sexton if Trae is gone 

13 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

Sexton just screams Payton 2.0 to me, I'm a bit skeptical.

It's totally fair to be skeptical of Sexton

But they couldn't be more different people let alone basketball players. 

Sexton is extremety fast with the ball, a streaky shooter but not afraid to shoot. Only an ok passer. Pesky defender vs a physically gifted defender. Competitive as hell. He's going to try to be MVP of Summer league for better or worse. 

Payton is a big pass first point guard who can't shoot at all and wasn't very competitive. 

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I think both Sexton and Young are a reach at 6. Payton’s biggest problem was he wouldn’t  play D, we knew he couldn’t shoot, but thought  he would become acceptable in time. Sexton will play D and has an edge to him that Payton didn’t have, but still a reach. I think Sexton will go 9 to 12; maybe if we trade down, but we have to go BPA in our current state.

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's totally fair to be skeptical of Sexton

But they couldn't be more different people let alone basketball players. 

Sexton is extremety fast with the ball, a streaky shooter but not afraid to shoot. Only an ok passer. Pesky defender vs a physically gifted defender. Competitive as hell. He's going to try to be MVP of Summer league for better or worse. 

Payton is a big pass first point guard who can't shoot at all and wasn't very competitive. 

Payton was probably a bad comparison. Not sold on his play-making abilities along with making the players around him better. That's a part of his game that I want to see more of to be convinced.

Just now, Malik Buttface said:

Payton was probably a bad comparison. Not sold on his play-making abilities along with making the players around him better. That's a part of his game that I want to see more of to be convinced.

Absolutely fair.