Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

5 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

The latest Nbadraft. net has up picking Bamba at #6 and Anferney Simmons and Bates-Diop with our second rounders. 

That will be a great draft .

If Bates Diop is there at 41 it would make up for the fact that the new Rogue driver I just bought for $450 was now in two pieces for not taking him at 35.  But I feel my Rogue driver is safe because Bates Diop will not be there at #35 anyway.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Are we trading Isaac?

Issac doesn't need to be added to the trade especially since Hawks are big on Trae

The big X-factor in all of these scenarios is where exactly Porter ends up being drafted. If he's picked in the top 5 then somebody drops to us. Whether it's Doncic, Bamba or JJJ is irrelevent. We'll be getting a potentially great pick.

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I really, really wish we could get Doncic. I'd trade quite a lot to move up for him.

With a team that's devoid of real talent, I'm all for standing pat and drafting BPA at 6. Trading up would be would be feasible if we were a better team, but lets face it. We're not very good and we don't have the luxury of giving up future 1st round picks.

18 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

With a team that's devoid of real talent, I'm all for standing pat and drafting BPA at 6. Trading up would be would be feasible if we were a better team, but lets face it. We're not very good and we don't have the luxury of giving up future 1st round picks.

See. If you think doncic is a star you do anything that doesn't destroy your future to get him. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

See. If you think doncic is a star you do anything that doesn't destroy your future to get him. 

The problem with that is you will give up a future 1st to move up to get him. I don't think taking back a bad contract will be enough. That's just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

The problem with that is you will give up a future 1st to move up to get him. I don't think taking back a bad contract will be enough. That's just my opinion.

To move up from 3 to 1 Philly gave up a single number 1 protected future first. 

To go up from 6 to 3 would probably take 6, a future first protected for maybe top 3, and maybe the OKC pick. Not that harmful. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

To move up from 3 to 1 Philly gave up a single number 1 protected future first. 

To go up from 6 to 3 would probably take 6, a future first protected for maybe top 3, and maybe the OKC pick. Not that harmful. 

Exactly. I don't want to give up a future 1st. Even if it's top 3 protected. I'd rather see who falls to us on Thursday night. Like I said earlier, if Porter goes in the top 5 then either Doncic, Bamba or JJJ end up falling to us. And thats's without giving up what's going to probably be a lottery pick in next years draft.

27 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Exactly. I don't want to give up a future 1st. Even if it's top 3 protected. I'd rather see who falls to us on Thursday night. Like I said earlier, if Porter goes in the top 5 then either Doncic, Bamba or JJJ end up falling to us. And thats's without giving up what's going to probably be a lottery pick in next years draft.

I would gladly give up a future pick