Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

29 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

He doesn't remind me of anyone. He's his own thing.  

I know. Can't really see who his game is projected to be. Maybe another sign we need to focus on drafting him.

I just don't really know how to project him because of how different that game was from an nba game. And how differently he plays from historical prospects.  

Is he going to be a hall of famer? Or is a typical nba defender going to be able to shut him down? 

How does Tavarius Shine compare to Jonathan Simmons defensively?

I have utmost confidence that he has all the tools necessary to be an above average nba passer.  I have no idea what he is in the nba. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I know. Can't really see who his game is projected to be. Maybe another sign we need to focus on drafting him.

I know hes effective and never disappears 

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I wish we had a guy who could score 48 points on 38 shots

In Gordon's two 40 point games this year he took 41 shots combined. 

7 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I wish we had a guy who could score 48 points on 38 shots

Is this sarcasm

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Contrary to most on the board, Young scares me. I think he could end up a sixth man as much as he could end up an all star. 

I think most are in the wtf is he camp.

He has superior handles. Has a very quick release and while not a explosive athlete, he's very quick.

His passing is a thing to watch.

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I think most are in the wtf is he camp.

He has superior handles. Has a very quick release and while not a explosive athlete, he's very quick.

His passing is a thing to watch.

Young’s numbers lately have been rough. Yes, he’s been scoring a lot of points, but he’s shot in the 30-39% range in five out of his last seven games. That’s with a very high usage rate. Additionally, his turnovers have also been through the roof lately. Plus, from what I see, he’s going to struggle defensively in the pros. For those who are curious, here’s his game log for the year: 

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Trae-Young/GameLogs/88934

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Contrary to most on the board, Young scares me. I think he could end up a sixth man as much as he could end up an all star. 

I'd be afraid to draft him without seeing him in a pickup game or something like that.   you need to get him into a controlled setting to better evaluate his outlier status.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Has anyone compared him to Lou Williams? I could see that as his floor.