Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

19 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

You have to remember that both Bagley and Carter came from a program that doesn't stress defense. I think both will translate just fine to the NBA.

What are you talking about? Duke was top 10 in adjusted defense

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What are you talking about? Duke was top 10 in adjusted defense

Didn't realize that. It just seemed like they struggled at times on D. Maybe it was also a partial result of pace.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Vuc with just good D would have made us all happy just like a center that can get 15/10 and play good D will make us all happy :D

Vuc with good D would be a borderline All-Star. The guy has proven he can score 17-18 per on pretty solid efficiency and pass very well for a big. The problem is he's not quite a good enough scorer to make up for being one of the worst defensive bigs in the league (total inability to defend PnR). So he's a negative overall. Plus he plays the most important defensive position, which makes his poor defense even more of a problem. If he were a guard, with the same offensive positives and defensive negatives he would basically be Fournier, a guy you can get away with starting by hiding him on D. But you can't hide a bad defensive 5 in the modern NBA; so Vuc, thus, should not be a starter in the league. Give him just good defense, and it changes all the math on him. Instead of being a good offensive player and terrible defender, he's then a guy who gives you a bit of everything. A good defensive Vuc is basically Horford, but probably a better rebounder.

• Upvote 1

Talking ourselves into a guy who most mocks rank as the 5th best big at pick 6....I’d rather trade back and get value than take Carter at 6. 

44 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Talking ourselves into a guy who most mocks rank as the 5th best big at pick 6....I’d rather trade back and get value than take Carter at 6. 

Carter will surprise a lot of people. He will be a really good assest to any team in need of a good hybrid center. He is top 8 talent for sure. I see him as the 4th best center behind Ayton, JJJ and Bamba. He is better than Bagley in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Carter would be a great pick. Solid all around. We need someone like that. 

I wouldn't be disappointed. No real holes in his game to pick apart.

6 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Carter would be a great pick. Solid all around. We need someone like that. 

Eh. He's never going to be a bad pick. Getting a starting caliber player at 6 is a good thing. 

But he wouldn't be a great pick

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh. He's never going to be a bad pick. Getting a starting caliber player at 6 is a good thing. 

That’s why I’d rather trade back than take him at 6. I think we can find a starting caliber player further back in the lottery and get additional value on top of that. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Whose the great pick at 6 then?