Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So if Porter is still there we should take the chance over Carter no?

Would you rather have a guy who's like 95% likely to be a starter on a good team but 95% never going to be an all star 

Or

A guy who 65% likely to be a journeyman bench scorer but has a 15% chance to be Paul George offensively. 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Would you rather have a guy who's like 95% likely to be a starter on a good team but 95% never going to be an all star 

Or

A guy who 65% likely to be a journeyman bench scorer but has a 15% chance to be Paul George offensively. 

The question is scarcity and where your team is at. I can find guys who can be starters on a good team in free agency. It's much harder to get an all-star in their prime in free agency. So when I'm drafting this high and I don't have a core star to build around yet, I'm going to grab the super high ceiling over grabbing good complimentary players. 

39 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Or

First of all I think Porter will be gone by #6 but to answer your question I analyze all the data, review the medical status and I tend to concur with the article's conclusion...first year is  recovery mode impacting the beginning of the season then the rest of the medical data, as small as it seems, suggests complete recovery.  Safe play is what many people may do Problem is I want that potential Paul George, I want that all star.  I swing for the fences to draft a top 3 player at #6 and I take Porter.

45 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Or

This isn’t a bad analogy. I’m not big porter guy but I think I value his scoring ability slightly more than you do. I also don’t think it’s impossible for Carter to be an all star. It will be tough because he’s not gonna have all the highlights and hype but I think he’ll put up worthy numbers as his career goes on. I hate to keep using the comparison but a long the lines of an Al horford. 

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Or

I don't know anything about either of these guys besides some very light reading and the talk on the board but I was under the impression that Porter was special or at least had a really good chance to be depending on health. If that's not the case Carter makes much more sense.  

11 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It will be hard for Porter to be special when his off the dribble / create for others game has a lot of question marks. He might be a taller Zach Lavine

I would take the chance on a taller lavine over a slightly better vuch. 

4 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So if Porter is still there we should take the chance over Carter no?

I don't want a scenario where we take Porter. 

edit: meant to say Carter,  he'll be a most deflating pick on draft night just from a in the moment exhilaration. I'd get more from young porter or bamba

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

Diallo is the perfect 2nd round high upside player. His upside is in his athleticism of course, but if we are planning on building an amazing development program, who better than to enter the gauntlet.