Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, Odin said:

I think Gordon definitely has the ability to make an Oladipo type jump. I don't know if that would put him at the top of that group, but it would put him into the argument. Right now, I personally think Jokic lays claim to the best player in the draft right now, though that doesn't mean he would be picked first if there was a redraft.

This is more about the flaws of that entire draft class and how nobody has really claimed that top spot yet than Gordon.

Jokic is definitely the best player so far but his unconventional game (and terrible defense) leaves him vulnerable to significant criticism if he doesn't get Denver into the playoffs soon. 

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So he can be Devin Booker? That's working out well for the Suns...

Only time will tell. I'd play Trae for the 10 assists per game alone and see if the turnover ratio gets better when passing to guys that can actually catch the passes.  Call the shooting a bonus. My picks at this point are (wishfully) JJJ, Bamba, Young and I would be happy with any of the 3

AG is not even top 5 in that draft class. Idk how we are even discussing him being the best player. If other nba fans from around the league read this thread they’d be absolutely laughing at it. 

Gary Harris is better than Gordon. You could argue Saric and Lavine are better than Gordon. 

Sure I guess he could take some monumental leap and become a great player but when does that happen for the magic? 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

AG is not even top 5 in that draft class. Idk how we are even discussing him being the best player. If other nba fans from around the league read this thread they’d be absolutely laughing at it. 

Gary Harris is better than Gordon. You could argue Saric and Lavine are better than Gordon. 

Sure I guess he could take some monumental leap and become a great player but when does that happen for the magic? 

Your Gordon opinion is veeery similar to your oladipo opinion 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Your Gordon opinion is veeery similar to your oladipo opinion 

Yea I was wrong on Dipo. Your AG opinion is just wrong though. He’s not near as good as you or most anyone on here think he is. 

Also, I’m sure you’ve been wrong plenty of times. I just have more of a life to where I don’t specifically remeber when. It’s odd you do TBH. 

14 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea I was wrong on Dipo. Your AG opinion is just wrong though. He’s not near as good as you or most anyone on here think he is. 

Also, I’m sure you’ve been wrong plenty of times. I just have more of a life to where I don’t specifically remeber when. It’s odd you do TBH. 

I'm just saying you might be missing on Gordon in the same areas you missed on oladipo. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm just saying you might be missing on Gordon in the same areas you missed on oladipo. 

You could be right. And i hope I am. I really don’t have an opinion on Re-signing AG. I won’t be mad if we do but I won’t be mad if we don’t. I get the reasoning for keeping him. I’m probably just biased though because I never really was happy with the draft pick and then after there were literally people on here saying he was the next Lebron. It just seems like AG gets way to little criticism on here IMO. He gets more excuses than any player when the reality is he was bad second half of last year. 

I think we will keep him and I hope he does take a giant leap I just can’t remeber the last time a magic player did that so maybe I’m just being a negative Nancy. 

I think his great first half contributed to the appearance of a bad second half but if the situation flipped we'd be ecstatic. 

He made considerable strides last summer. The signs are there for another considerable jump this summer especially if he stops shooting himself in the foot with horrible transition threes.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I think his great first half contributed to the appearance of a bad second half but if the situation flipped we'd be ecstatic. 

He made considerable strides last summer. The signs are there for another considerable jump this summer especially if he stops shooting himself in the foot with horrible transition threes.

This is true. I just really got sick of watching him take terrible shots that were often times selfish shots last year. His inability to pass or want to pass frustrated me more than anything last year. I think he needs to not worry about being a great player and just let the game come to him more. 

If we’re gonna bet on a player we develop in house to actually become good AG makes sense. I’d never question his work ethic he’s always in the gym while guys like Fournier and Biz are traveling the globe. 

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

This is more about the flaws of that entire draft class and how nobody has really claimed that top spot yet than Gordon.

Jokic is definitely the best player so far but his unconventional game (and terrible defense) leaves him vulnerable to significant criticism if he doesn't get Denver into the playoffs soon. 

him if better than embiid? who agrees with that? lol