Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's played in 28% of his career games. The book isn't written on him yet. 

He's a great player but his injury history is exactly why everyone passed on him. It doesn't matter how good he is if he isn't in the game.

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's played in 28% of his career games. The book isn't written on him yet. 

Knowing what you know now would you still take Wiggins #1

26 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Knowing what you know now would you still take Wiggins #1

Nope. 

There's actually a path for Gordon to be the number one player from that draft. It'd need a lot of stuff to happen but it's not improbable. 

You'd need Gordon to take a step, Wiggins and Jabari to not get better, embiid to stay hurt, jokic to have some flaw where he can't make the second round ever , Capella to take a small step back when more is asked of him. That's about it though. 

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nope. 

There's actually a path for Gordon to be the number one player from that draft. It'd need a lot of stuff to happen but it's not improbable. 

You'd need Gordon to take a step, Wiggins and Jabari to not get better, embiid to stay hurt, jokic to have some flaw where he can't make the second round ever , Capella to take a small step back when more is asked of him. That's about it though. 

Lol

• Upvote 1

Who's more valuable? Embiid or Gary Harris?

It's embiid today as we've just seen him in the playoffs but it's only like that until his next injury. Just like it was great when Grant Hill came back in year 5 on the team and dropped near 20ppg but that ended pretty quickly when he played 21 games the following year

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Who's more valuable? Embiid or Gary Harris?

It's embiid today as we've just seen him in the playoffs but it's only like that until his next injury. Just like it was great when Grant Hill came back in year 5 on the team and dropped near 20ppg but that ended pretty quickly when he played 21 games the following year

I think it's more in the player, didn't Russel have two serious knee injuries one being a torn acl

4 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I think it's more in the player, didn't Russel have two serious knee injuries one being a torn acl

Who? Westbrook?

40 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nope. 

I think Gordon definitely has the ability to make an Oladipo type jump. I don't know if that would put him at the top of that group, but it would put him into the argument. Right now, I personally think Jokic lays claim to the best player in the draft right now, though that doesn't mean he would be picked first if there was a redraft.

4 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Yeah

ACLs aren't that big of a deal anymore and Westbrook had it with different knees. Also it helps being a guard. 

With embiid it's

Stress fracture in spine at Kansas (no surgery)

Stress fracture in right foot; surgery

Another surgery due to complications from the first surgery

Related lower extremety soreness

Left knee torn meniscus

More back soreness this year

Orbital bone fracture. 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Then I hope we don't take him. I hope whatever team he gets drafted by will give him the green light so all the teams that would have played him like a bench scrub can watch him put up 20 plus and 10.

So he can be Devin Booker? That's working out well for the Suns...